Lake O with Live2fish85 and G-man

spincast

Been trying to hook up with Live2fish85 for the better part of the summer. He's great guy who is just a pleasure to be around. G-man and I enjoy sharing the boat with him. Hopefully soon the doctors will put a fix on the table and the young man can get on with things.

Originally planning a bass day out on Erie, the weather just looked too sweet not to hit my fave - the lady O. With the other half's 1/2 Century celebrations last night, today was a little later start, not hooking up till 6:30 at Jordan as the sun was cresting the horizon. Pulling into Timmies Chris stepped ouf of his van, we grabbed a couple joes and breakfast wraps for the younger lads and by 7:00 were motoring out of the harbour.

We set up in 50 FOW just east of Jordan, basing our opening plan on the spoon site's most recent notices. Nothing on the screen till about 60 foot and the first line fires shortly after, but it shakes it off on the guest before much of a fight. 2 more get away from him and we share a few pointers. Finally a solid hit and we get one to the boat. A nice little dancer for our efforts

126_1338.jpg

The spot we had reeached was full of boats. In no time at all we had boats trolling all around us. I dont care for parking lot trolling and turned us to head to the BOW-ling alley

G's up and notches a nice one right away - in his usual style just a little bigger than what Chris had to show for his efforts. This one was a little camera shy

126_1340.jpg

but we did get a profile shot eventually

126_1339.jpg

I was up next missed the first 2 attempts, one small king a mere 25 foot from the boat when he spat the hook, and another a beauty bow who wrapped himself up in the dipsey line and manage to pull the hook out again 30 or so feet away. Third hit was a charm:

126_1343.jpg

We ended up 1 fish short of 3 full rounds - 8 in the boat and about the same lost / knocked off. All the fish were clean and healthy, no marks and strong firm fish. All but 2 (smaller ones) went back.

It was in interesting day - at one point in the alley I looked at the finder and said , hmm 178 FOW, should get one anytime now (we were in the heart of my waypoints). I had barely finished saying it when the rod fired. About 30 minutes later, "well, late morning, sun's out, watermelon time" We change up and not 3 minutes later that watermelon spoon produces. 5 of the fish came in a 1.5 hour window.

I am beginning to suspect G is a fish-whisperer. He had big fish of the day, again. It doesn't matter where this fella is in the rotation, when he's up, the fish at the other end are always a good play. In all our outing this year, only twice have I got the bigger fish.

Chris got a video of him fighting the king below, that if I get I will add later.

126_1347.jpg

Chris - great to see you again bud - and we still have to hit E for some of those tanks you were talking about.

Edited by spincast

Nice shootin' Rick thumbsup_anim.gif It really was a perfect day to be on Lady O. Not often we get to run throttle wide open but this am was pretty close to glass at our end of the lake.

I

too true - cant remember the last time I was WOT at that time of day. hit 50 FOW in about 7 minutes thumbsup_anim.gif Sounds like you had a great day too Simonclapping.gif

Looks like you had a successful day! Janson managed to get the first, the biggest and the most perch by far. I think he out-fished me 3:1. Did not get into any Walleye. Had a great day after a nice 50th b-day party!

See that Michael - 50 FOW in less then 30 minutesrofl2.gif - but seriously - thanks for coming last night - was a great party. Glad to hear you got Jansen on some fish today and got some keepers. good.gifIf you ever decide to try the dark side, let me know, I'll point the way for ya. (or you can take me out in the sweet boat of yours and I'll even map it for you on your gps biggrin.gif )

That is awesome, love the pic of G-man and the fish giving him a hard time. Those pics are always classic thumbsup_anim.gif

Thanks Joey - he's good a catching them, but has that Mercman slime thing and so far I haven't found gloves in his size.jerry.gif

Glad to see you guys had a good day!

Cheers

Thanks Mike - we only get one or two ouotings like this a year, and each one is a treat.

I'm fully expecting Gman to be on my tv in 2-3 years, teaching me how to fish.

Way to go guys! Looks like a blast and real nice fish you have there!!!!

You're about the third or fourth person to say that Rick- thanks. I must be a bad student, 'cause he still beats me almost every outing dunno.gif . biggrin.gif I think its great

Great day you had, looks like G-man has this hole fishing thing dialed in. biggrin.gif

Thanks Shasta - G-ma seems to have his finger on the dial quite frequently.

Great stuff Rick! It truly was a fantastic morning out there! Glad you got Chris out for a fish clapping.gif

Looking forward to your post - and Juli's photo's - Frank. I suspect she got some classics today with the weather. Glad to hear you and Simon got Craig onto some too - that's awesomegood.gif (so, are you gonna show us that boat he's been restoring???)

Hey spincast, thats the best kind of failure, lol. When my kids catch a Pb or do better then me, its even more gratifying. Remember, one day down the road, they'll be telling the stories. And I'm sure you'll be added as the epic guide or the best netman ever! Either way, he'll remember it and forever be greatfull!

HMMMM im feeling like there was a team meeting and i wasnt invited...lol...Nice Shooting guys Ive been plugging away as well...but the only fish ive seen bigger than our salmon entry was caught by my Buddy...too bad too it would have put us up there...no worries though ...where there is one ...there is MORE and ill get them (knock on wood)...

Cheers

Rick it was great getting out with you again. Thanks again, I appreciate it. The fish were a added bonus that made the day that much better.

Just think of how many we could have had if I didn't lose the first 3 lol.

It was great seeing G again as well. He is one awesome kid that is forsure. He truly does have the lucky touch to make him get salmon after salmon.

As for the bass we will have to get out there and get some. I am sure G man will have a blast and catch some monsters over us lol.

Thanks

Chris

Edited by Live2fish85

Great day on the water guys!! Beautiful fish.

Thanks Merc - the invite still stands - whenever you're ready to try some "trouty-things"smile.gif

You got those lady O fishes dialed in Rick cool.gif Sounds like fun Gonefishing.gif Congrats to all involved clapping.gif

Thanks Jacques. You know how it is - sometimes they want to play and sometimes they're just looking. Yesterday was playtime.good.gif

Great work for such a spectacular day, boys-- g-man, you don't disappoint!! We were certainly lucky to have such an incredible day!!

Thanks Juli - we both had great days from what I saw - but you had way better pictures of your outing than us. I always love your pics of our outings together. How many yesterday - over or under 300? .

Rich, that is a deal! You may need to bring some tools of the trade! Or we could double boat it! Off to the French on Sat for a week.

Name the day Michael. As long as you have downriggers and a couple rod holders, I have the rest. Good luck up on the French - hopefully no more new rock findings this time?

awesome trip guys congrats

Thanks Corvette.

HMMMM im feeling like there was a team meeting and i wasnt invited...lol...Nice Shooting guys Ive been plugging away as well...but the only fish ive seen bigger than our salmon entry was caught by my Buddy...too bad too it would have put us up there...no worries though ...where there is one ...there is MORE and ill get them (knock on wood)...

Cheers

Dave - we were gonna invite you, honest, but we didnt want to distract you from the whitefish you're hunting for the team jerry.gif .

Rick it was great getting out with you again. Thanks again, I appreciate it. The fish were a added bonus that made the day that much better.

Just think of how many we could have had if I didn't lose the first 3 lol.

It was great seeing G again as well. He is one awesome kid that is forsure. He truly does have the lucky touch to make him get salmon after salmon.

As for the bass we will have to get out there and get some. I am sure G man will have a blast and catch some monsters over us lol.

Thanks

Chris

Pleasure was all mine - and count on that bassing trip when we get back from Restoule. we both had the dropsies there for a while - until the black diamond got put to work anyway

Haha- thanks, Rick! Funny enough, I only took a mere 162 pcs (add 10 from Frankie to that, too!). I am getting a bit more selective in my shots ( or else I will need a NASA hard drive at this rate!) and find I delete some duds on the trip, too! We'll get some good shos together again soon... Well, I now have surgery Sept 19 so whenever we are out again, I'll hurt less and snap more pics! I still owe you a post from our last trip, and I am sorry for that, Rick.:-)