Tough Mudder Complete!!!

jedimaster

Well My Mudder team and I finished today and earned the beer, the shirt and the headband... Was lots of fun. as for the critical review of the event. It was fun. No doubt. It was fairly long about 18k. However I didn't get winded, nor were my legs killing me. I could have gone much further. I think this was because I tweaked my knee going over the first 10 foot wall and couldn't really push it. My knees are being iced as I type this.

I recorded a video of the final obstacle. The dreaded Electro Shock therapy.

I took two headers going through. Got whacked really good. It was a luck of the draw, some got zapped and some did not. Well everyone got shocked but some of the shocks froze your whole body putting in in the mud and some just felt like static.

Here is my Team of mudders. Left to right... Paulie(lost 35 pounds training), Stevie(from 235 to 178pds WOW) and Me(lost 11 pounds... but I started out not in too bad a shape)

319381_10152063932085301_443978169_n.jpg

And my video of the shock therapy at the 17km marker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_ylXJi_Rkc

Edited by jedimaster

Everything was awesome except for the parking issues getting into Burl's creek.

I actually got hit in the forehead at the end with the electrical wire and it put me on my knees. I actually blacked out for a split second. It felt like someone hit me on the back of the dead with a stick. Too fuuny. Electricity owns me

Wasn't too bad. I wish the obstacles were longer and less up hills. The obstacles were fairly easy. Keep in mind I power lift and train five days a week. All in all the event was really fun, well organized, met a ton of people also. Plan on attending tough mudder in the states next

Awesome event. My favourite obstacle course of the year so far. The distance, hills and obstacles were a legit challenge and the obstacles were fun and used all parts of your body. I attempted all obstacles and completed all except for the cliff hanger or hanging tough or whatever the rings were called. I made it half way accross before I lost momentum and fell.

Favourite obstacle: Everest, the sense of comrodery and helping people get up it, plus the fact that I hit it on full sprint and felt like I was running sideways up the wall was such a rush. For that one and the berlin walls we helped a 320 pound guy get up it. He was so stoaked that he made it.

Least Favourite: The two electric shock obstacles. Sure I was curious what it felt like, I've seriously never experianced pain like that, it was like random muscle convulsions. At the end I took an electric shock right to the spine. That being said, it was still a fun obstacle. All in all a great day.

Awesome event. My favourite obstacle course of the year so far. The distance, hills and obstacles were a legit challenge and the obstacles were fun and used all parts of your body. I attempted all obstacles and completed all except for the cliff hanger or hanging tough or whatever the rings were called. I made it half way accross before I lost momentum and fell.

Favourite obstacle: Everest, the sense of comrodery and helping people get up it, plus the fact that I hit it on full sprint and felt like I was running sideways up the wall was such a rush. For that one and the berlin walls we helped a 320 pound guy get up it. He was so stoaked that he made it.

Least Favourite: The two electric shock obstacles. Sure I was curious what it felt like, I've seriously never experianced pain like that, it was like random muscle convulsions. At the end I took an electric shock right to the spine. That being said, it was still a fun obstacle. All in all a great day.

Agree with almost everything you said here. I actually had no problems with any obstacles and did them all by myself, except I had a handful of mud on the rings and fell after 3. Most difficult was that straight climb up the font hill. Other than that everything was not too hard. Stupid electricity at the finish line knocked me on my a$$ though. Still not too happy about that. lol

The obstacles were not big enough imo, and they were not long enough. We were in the first group so the course was in good shape. Not many were helping people out as I think everyone in the lead pack was in pretty good shape and didn't need it or want it. I didn't need help on any of them either, I did fall off the rings do to the stupid gloves I bought(Dakota Tarrantuala) supposed to be grippy but when wet they were useless. The everest challenge wasn't too challeneging as I ran up on my feet and when I jumped I was up to my waist high on the top. If it was wet and muddy yah would have been more difficult. The shock parts were not comfortable and as mentioned I gotput on my face.

To be honest I do have a problem with them touting this up with "probably thetoughest event in the world" thing, when clearly its noteven close. I mean yah you couldn't have run the entire thing so that would have been tough, but the same goes for things like eco challenge, grudgerun, warriors dash etc... From what I saw everyone finished accept those that got injured. I mean to finish you could have walked the entire thing and skipped all the obstactles and still finished the toughest event in the world.

Having said that, am I sore? hells yah. Do I feel like I accomplished something? Yah sure of course. But more in the training and excersiing and dieting that my team and I did leading up to the race. The race itself was more of a reward for me and my team. Plus since I am not really into the whole phsych you up at the begining thing as I tend to inspire myself. I mean they got that speach down pat. Anything that seemed adlib was repeated over and over all day. :) Having completed it I certainly wouldn't try and pass off to anyone that I completed what could be the toughest event on the planet. I would tell people I did it and they should too because its fun.

Yahm well its kind of a lame event as far as tat goes, left a sour taste in some of the peoples mouths on the way back from the bus. We finished in a 2:45 but we didn't need to wait for any of the obstacles, only a few minutes here and there. I heard some of the later folks had some serious wait times.. like 10-15 minutes per obstacle. Time was not really part of the equation in this event apparently. evn though they tout this whole top 5% thing. I think you could likely just say you did it in 1:30 and they wouldn't really know any different. Since there were people starting on times they wern't supposed to because of all the bus and parking mix ups. Not only that there was no checkin or checkout at the start or finish.

Yahm well its kind of a lame event as far as tat goes, left a sour taste in some of the peoples mouths on the way back from the bus. We finished in a 2:45 but we didn't need to wait for any of the obstacles, only a few minutes here and there. I heard some of the later folks had some serious wait times.. like 10-15 minutes per obstacle. Time was not really part of the equation in this event apparently. evn though they tout this whole top 5% thing. I think you could likely just say you did it in 1:30 and they wouldn't really know any different. Since there were people starting on times they wern't supposed to because of all the bus and parking mix ups. Not only that there was no checkin or checkout at the start or finish.

Took 3 hours but we had waits at lots of obstacles. SOme longer than others. Waited at least 10 mins at everest. You can say whatever you want as there is no way to time as no one was given time chips. I think if I did this solo I could knock off at lesat 30 mins off my team easily.

I know a guy from Barrie who is an untra Marathoner. That is way harder. 126km in one day in the African desert 40+ degrees, in soft sand. He finished in 15 hours and it is the 2nd fastest time in the world. THat is tougher.

I found my marathon in May to be more difficult on my body.

Well Done!! Keep

Up the training and try to

Crush your time next year!!!! I've done about a dozen different types of these and for me time seems to be more of a challenge rather than obstacles . Check out the "death race" sounds like you'd like the challenge.

R

Edited by Jaspers On Point

Well Done!! Keep

Up the training and try to

Crush your time next year!!!! I've done about a dozen different types of these and for me time seems to be more of a challenge rather than obstacles . Check out the "death race" sounds like you'd like the challenge.

R

I can attest to this. He almost kills me trying to keep up,just walking the river. :wallbash:

Great job by your team.