More Lake St. Clair Muskie Casting

Djeep

I got out on Lake St Clair this wednesday for some muskie casting. My fishing buddy got his first 50" fish this past weekend and I was eager to join the club! The forecasted winds for mid day never materialized which made conditions less then favorable for muskie fishing. The lake was like glass, making drift fishing not feasible.

To top it off, my usual spot was gin clear so off I went in search of a new muskie hangout. After scooting around to a couple weedbeds without spotting much, I decided to try a little deeper water. This paid off with a skinny 42" that fell to a figure 8.

GOPR4418.jpg

We continued to explore the new area which resulted in a couple follows from fish from 40" to 50" however they were staying low with no intention of eating. The location was solved but a piece of the puzzle was missing.

As we continued casting, I clipped on a magnum dawg that I usually reserve for more turbid water. The winds began to shift, then increased, creating a perfect drift opportunity.

This is when the best moment of my angling career occurred. I saw a couple minnows flip which brought my attention to two suckers swimming off the bow of the boat. As I examined more closely, there was a massive muskie swimming right in pursuit!

I quickly proceeded to drop the bulldawg a couple meters past the muskie, and sure enough it followed to the boat! A wide circle on the first part of my figure 8 was all it took. Sure glad the Go Pro was rolling!

GOPR4505.jpg

After reviving the fish for a few minutes it swam off well and I took a very short moment to collect myself after catching my first 50" muskie!

GOPR4666.jpg

The next cast, my bulldawg hit the water and within a few cranks I was absolutely ruined by yet another massive muskie! It engulfed my bulldawg which made unhooking it a little tricky but it also took off after a couple minutes of revival.

GOPR4974.jpg

Both fish were measured in the water and this second one stretched the tape to 51"

After this crazy lucky occurrence we took a few more casts then decided to end the day on a good note as I was bleeding fairly good from unhooking the second fish, well worth it!!!!!

Here is some video footage of this unreal event, good for a laugh as I go absolutely nutty during the experience.

Thanks for reading, hope you all enjoy! Comments always appreciated.

Congrats on the catches! It looked like you guys really knew what you were doing, too. I didn't see anyone taking the lure out with sticks or anything!

Thats right Dana, even had the right net and all!!!clapping.gif

Great catches fo a lifetime.I watched the vid 4 times.....awesomeGonefishing.gif

thank you once again for you and your friends generosity mike!

I cant wait to try out the new net up in the kawarthas

thanks again for all the comments fellas, it was the luckiest moment of my life id say!