One more month!

NAW

EDIT. I added some more photos further down in this thread. Check em out :thumbsup_anim:

Is anyone else getting pumped for the upcoming hunting season.

Goose opens Sept 4st. Bear Sept 4th. Deer Oct 1st. Baby due Sept 3. Duck Sept 8th.

Just finished the controlled deer hunt application.

Did the Doe tag application a few weeks back, still waiting to here the results.

My hunting partner got a doe tag in a great area, and a bull moose tag. So far so good!

Might do a little skeet shotting this weekend.

My season is going to be scattered for sure with the baby coming right at the start of the season. But I still hope to get out a few times.

Here's a few pics from the Bear bait. There's a few coming around during legal shooting time. No real tanks though.

PICT0155.jpg

PICT0162.jpg

PICT0147.jpg

PICT0171.jpg

Scroll to my latest post to see some updated photos.

Edited by N.A.W

Man,what a back yard you have. :whistling:

To be honest Nick,I havent felt the urge to get any tags this year. Im sure I,ll get a deer tag,as I,ll hunt the latter stages of the bow hunt.

Good luck with everything, this up coming season.

Man,what a back yard you have. :whistling:

The shots are from the "back yard" at the cottage. A few thousand acres of crown land chaulked full of furry critters. :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Fall is for fishing lol

I really hope to get out fishing a few times this fall too. We'll see though. Not likely.

Nick, if I didn't know any better you are very close to my bro-in-law's house and I'm just NOW figuring it out... :wallbash:

Next time I'm going there I'll PM ya. He's at the South end of said lake and had a custom home build there.

ABSOLUTELY!!.. Can't wait for duck season.. no missed Saturdays for this guy do to weather this year :)

Last year I hunted out of a Momarsh & Stump Jumper Long Tail.. AWESOME RIG!!!.. on multiple occasions I had

Heron's try to land on my bow while my dog and I were dozing off LOL! Ducks had no idea we were there.

But.. it's a very limiting boat as far as where you can go safely due to it's low sides.. This year were in an 18' Alaskan & Avery Quick set blind..

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Last year I hunted out of a Momarsh & Stump Jumper Long Tail.. AWESOME RIG!!!..

But.. it's a very limiting boat as far as where you can go safely due to it's low sides.. This year were in an 18' Alaskan & Avery Quick set blind..

Man, your a serious duck hunter eh! That Momarch / Stump jumper rig looks deadly.

We hunted a permanent blind last year that hasn't been hunted from in about 15 years. We shot 60 ducks from it over the season between my partner and I.

Lets see some pics of the Alaskan with the quick set blind! :thumbsup_anim:

My goal this year is to find a cheap layout blind for field hunting. Or make one myself.

"Out comes the shotgun"

One more month!

Then the shotgun comes out..

Well, thats one way of getting some fish...shoot the buggers !!!

whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

whaaaa? :dunno:

last fall was the first for me that didn't include any hunting and i was pondering the idea of giving it up because of not having anywhere to hunt. thankfully, i came to my senses and can't wait to put some meat in the freezer this year. that is, if i can finally secure some land around here.

what's the price range for waterfowl outfitters in the southwestern parts? i've always wanted to get into serious goose numbers and figure it's the best way to learn.

NAW the deer results are available on the phone now, noone in my group got a doe tag this year. 5 of us. First time thats happened in a long long time.

It,s becoming the norm,from what I have heard the last couple of years. Yotes are out numbering . They are out of control. Less deer. We drove this morning, is areas where we always seen deer. Not one.Not even a turkey.

That reminds me, my daughter is getting married in a just over a month...

Congrats.

Edited by Misfish

If I don't get a letter in the mail soon, I'll call in and to find the results. Last year, it was a 75% chance to get a doe tag for bow season. Like Brian said, likely a little lower chance this year.

I hope to smoke a few yotes this winter too... :whistling:

Also just found out that a friend is opening a butcher shop in Barrie. So I really hope to hammer some geese this fall, so I can get some summer sausage made up. :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by N.A.W

• 2 weeks later...

We've been going to the bait station every weekend. Nearly 1000 photos have been taken. This week was unique though. Our first "non-bear" visitors. A family of coons. A few fishers, or at least what I think are fishers. Maybe they are martin, or weasel?? Keep in mind that that is a 45 gallon drum. In the one pic there is a fisher on the ground, and another in the drum with his tail hanging out.

We also had our first bear on bear encounter caught on camera. Very cool.

The weekend after next we'll try our luck. Been shooting the bow every day.

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0135.jpg

PICT0064.jpg

PICT0066.jpg

PICT0148.jpg

PICT0149.jpg