Terrorizing Walleyes and Harassing Giant Brook Trout!!!

Once August rolls around, I begin to focus on night walleye fishing. Specifically, full moon night walleye action. I got out with my buddy for a quick fish and we landed a few eyes before dusk.

IMG_8876.jpg

Once the full moon rose, so did the walleyes' appetites. We managed to land a whopping 21 walters in a few hours, all from shore!!! We ended the night with a double header to boot. Now that's an epic outing right there.

IMG_7465.jpg

The following morning, we tried out a new brookie lake to see if we could scare up a few mid summer specks. Here's an Extended Arm Pose from a float tube. :lol: You can see the reflection of my arm and camera in my sunglasses.

IMG_8869.jpg

Who says you can't have successful brook trout fishing in the summer time? Certainly not me!!! Over the years, I've had some of my best brookie fishing during the summer months. While everyone else is out bass fishing in 30+ degree weather, I'm out there in my float tube, in my bathing suit, chasing specks. Some of these lakes haven't seen a fisherman since early June so when a lure hits the water in August, the brookies go crazy. At first glance, the lake looked very promising: tons of minnows and pan fish were cruising the shoreline = a recipe for big trout.

IMG_8871.jpg

Five minutes in, I hook into a hog. After a long and stressful fight, she was finally mine. Ten minutes later, I caught another giant speck!!!

IMG_8846.jpg

Two footballs for lunch.

IMG_8862.jpg

While I rigged my buddie's rod with a secret monster brookie lure, he fileted the fish.

IMG_8867.jpg

Both specks had a bunch of small pan fish in their stomachs.

IMG_8855.jpg

Now that's the way to baptize a new lake!!! Another epic outing right there.

IMG_8840.jpg

What a thrill to catch huge brookies from a float tube.

IMG_8845.jpg

They usually go for about 150-200$ but even more if you want a high end one. The expensive one will have the seat above water level which is way more comfortable. I was lucky and happened to stumble on a liquidation sale at crappy tire 4 years ago. They were ridiculously cheap = 45$ each. At that price, I bought 2 and my brother got a pair as well. They are great for lakes that are tough to access. It's the best fishing investment I've ever made.

Thanks for the comments gang!!! Since I've never been to that lake before, I had no clue as to how deep it was. We just trolled around near structure and stayed away from shallow areas, closer to the middle of the lake. The trout are much deeper now (20-35 feet) so I let out lots of line to assure that I'm getting down deep enough. Here's the setup that I was using: a flashing spoon, a few feet of line, a single hook, a dew worm.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm.............I think we've fished the same Lake :w00t:

Really? Now that's interesting...

Wow - and I was waiting for September to try my luck at these beauties again. Didn't think they could be caught this time of the year, especially with the high temperatures we've been experiencing. Thx for sharing your technique with us. I might employ it very soon.

I do miss them.

PS: love your tag line