Buying bulk beets

misfish

We just boil and peel. No problem. I even like to eat them as were canning.All natural. :canadian:

The tops are another great table fair.But when your buying bulk,we don,t get them. Swiss chard, is the next best thing.

Edited by Misfish

Well we found them today.

Jars of Ruby cubes, are jarred.. :thumbsup_anim:

Cant wait, to dig into them when their done. :canadian:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/brianb64/001-10.jpg

You can't beet beat homemade pickle beats beets :thumbsup_anim::oops: I stand corrected :lol:

Question B: How many jars yielded out of a bushell???

Edited by TroutJunkie

We could,nt find them in a bushel basket. Bought two quarts at the local market. Made 9 small jars. Buying this way,it,s over costly. Funny,we traveled a bit this morning to local farm venues. No one is really growing them in bunches.

Canning the beets is great,but the tops are the real treat in my opinion.There were no tops today.

We could,nt find them in a bushel basket. Bought two quarts at the local market. Made 9 small jars. Buying this way,it,s over costly. Funny,we traveled a bit this morning to local farm venues. No one is really growing them in bunches.

Canning the beets is great,but the tops are the real treat in my opinion.There were no tops today.

Ah I see, thanks B... My wife and I use to make them too... They're so easy to make and SO GOOD!!! Will be making bread & butter soon :) Once the temps drop to a normal level that is :) Too hot right now :wallbash:

Sorry to by chiming in so late.

There is a farmers market in Elmvale. It's every Friday from 9 till 2 (crappy hours :wallbash: :wallbash: )

They might be able to get you a bushel if you still need it.

http://www.springwater.ca/cms/One.aspx?portalId=312&pageId=8981

I think you got some good planting grounds Nick. :whistling:

Hope the mrs,s and wee one are doing well.Getting close eh. :clapping:

A lot of roadside stands don't sell bushels. Not enough mark up unless they produce bulk.