Vacation time for fall fishing

Lunker777

Im thinking about taking a few days this fall to do some fishing.

I want to hit up Simcoe forsure for some trophy smallies. Then possibly Quinte for some Eyes.

Of course I will be hitting the home waters of LSC and hopefully Erie.

If you had ONE WEEK of vacation to take between now and the end of September or October... when would you take it ?

Thanks

Depends on water temps....lol

I know in my area...

Smallies go crazy in September....

Musky go crazy mid sept to the end of October....

And walleye here are getting into full swing now and it just gets better till christmas...

As for quinte walleye.... From what I can tell... The later the better.... October may still be early for "great" quinte fishing...

Im not to worried about the musky , I want to catch a trophy small mouth ! :thumbsup_anim:

End of October is pretty well a no go for me. Its getting to the end of harvest season and the start of the busy season in the world of AG sales.

Thanks for the tips guys

Edited by Lunker777

This year, would be hard to tell with the weather we've had... but I prefer Late Sept.- October is very productive too, but I find the weather is less predictable and cold fronts can move in and cold rain with it can kill a trip pretty fast for those afraid to brave the elements. (or for people like myself in a little tin rocket, fighting swalls is no picnic either)

For the best pounds of fish per effort......SEPTEMBER for Lake Erie PERCH.

Sounds tempting after seeing the mules you were catching but I don't think perch made his wish list.

Lake Erie was on his list so I thought it was worth mentioning... :)

If the perch are anything like the ones you are catchin BB.... Ill be all over it. I have a grandpa that I said I would get out for some perch fishing this year and the usual spots around this side of lake Erie ARENT producing didely squat !!!

I would love to get into a school of jumbos ! haha