Skippy JR go's fishing for the first time / grandpa Skipper

Skipper D

What do you say when a twelve year old says at bed time , do you want to go fishing in the morning grandpa . I woke him up at 6 this morning and asked him the question .... lol , it did'nt take long he was up dressed and out the door we went together for the first time . The fishing was'nt all that great to speak of , we only fished for perch and tryed to find the big ones all over the lake with no sucsess , I did keep enought small ones to make a meal for us all tonight so he'd know what its all about , I enjoyed teaching him what little i knew and had fun watching him enjoy him self , i think the high lite of the hole day for him was the school of minnows that came to greet us , they stuck close to the boat for the longest time while he tryed over and over to catch them with a pail . He asked me if i was going to share this with the people on OFC when we got home ... lol , he fell asleep on the sofa a little while ago after we turned the fish to fillets for his grandma to make and feed him for supper . first pic .... school of minnows around the boat , second pic .... Skippy jr showing me the way home .

Edited by Skipper " D "

What do you say when a twelve year old says at bed time , do you want to go fishing in the morning grandpa . I woke him up at 6 this morning and asked him the question .... lol , it did'nt take long he was up dressed and out the door we went together for the first time . The fishing was'nt all that great to speak of , we only fished for perch and tryed to find the big ones all over the lake with no sucsess , I did keep enought small ones to make a meal for us all tonight so he'd know what its all about , I enjoyed teaching him what little i knew and had fun watching him enjoy him self , i think the high lite of the hole day for him was the school of minnows that came to greet us , they stuck close to the boat for the longest time while he tryed over and over to catch them with a pail . He asked me if i was going to share this with the people on OFC when we got home ... lol , he feel asleep on the sofa a little while ago after we turned the fish to fillets for his grandma to make and feed him for supper . first pic .... school of minnows around the boat , second pic .... Skippy jr showing me the way home .

Some good times I'm sure!,My grandfather was my fishing partner from a early age.Will never forget him for that and many other life lessons.

Nice Ron. Nothing better then fishing with grandpa.

On a side note,I cringe when I see people seating on the bow like that.Especialy without a PFD.

Dont mean to be negative.

Edited by Misfish

Nice Ron. Nothing better then fishing with grandpa.

On a side note,I cringe when I see people seating on the bow like that.Especialy without a PFD.

Dont mean to be negative.

Don't worry Brian , look close , he's wearing the pdf under his t-shirt and the tether over the windsheild with in my reach

Edited by Skipper " D "