Thinking about buying this compressor

NAW

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_detail.jsp;jsessionid=QQDRlLQfR4flp5yQS2lWLDHNpfs9lkXKN227Gy4FT44S22nXhVT1!-2016436331?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524443326920&bmUID=1342194673865

I need one for minor jobs around the house.

I will be using it for small jobs around the house. Biggest job would be running a pneumatic chizle. Maybe an impact gun for doing tires on my car.

I'm not sure what size I need? Worried this one might be to small.

Edited by N.A.W

i have a 2g at home it's good for tires and the nail gun that's about it, and all i use it for.

you would need 5 cfm min to run an air chisel or decent impact gun. the oil less compressors are very loud, i would go to tsc or princess auto to find a compressor that will fit your requirements

Thanks for the tips everyone.

I guess I never thought about getting a compressor on Kijiji because I don't know how to fix them if it's not working right. But I guess I can figure out how to fix anything in the U-Tube age.

I'll do a little Kijiji research, and see if I can get a good deal on something with a little more CFM.

Thanks again :worthy:

Hey Nick. Just outside of Barrie on hwy 90,theres one for sale.It,s on the right hand side of the road.Worth checking out.

Like others have said,that ones,not for your needs.

Thanks Brian. I'll have to check that out!

If you decide not to go with a larger shop size comp I'd highly suggest going with a makita. I have the smaller of the three and its great for running nailers. I've even done some painting with a HVLP spray gun on a small repair on my old truck.

The oiled compressor is much quieter than the oil-less I've heard and after about 5+ years I haven't had any problems.

That being said I'd love a nice two stage 220V oiled comp on a big tank for the shop.

NAW i have a 6.5 horse 11.5 cfm @ 40 psi /10.5 cfm @ 90 psi 60 gallon upright 220v you can have for 350.00 i paid a thousand for it 6 years ago and i never use it anymore...PM if your interested...i didnt have any intentions on selling it...but it is just sitting there collecting dust

I would never recommend an oilless compressor.

If you're looking for a cheap portable, I've had this one for three years and no issues.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/6/Tools/1/CompressorsAirTools/Compressors/PRDOVR~0587949P/MotoMaster+5-Gallon+Twin-stack+Air+Compressor.jsp?locale=en

It will work fine for tires, blow gun, air nailer/stapler and you might be able to run a ratchet off it but I've never tried.

They often go on sale for $120

If you decide not to go with a larger shop size comp I'd highly suggest going with a makita.

I put an offer in on a Kijiji add for a Makita. Smaller unit, but a double tank 5 gallon unit. Thanks for the advice.

NAW i have a 6.5 horse 11.5 cfm @ 40 psi /10.5 cfm @ 90 psi 60 gallon upright 220v you can have for 350.00

I really appreciate that. I'm looking for something smaller, and cheaper.

I would never recommend an oilless compressor.

If you're looking for a cheap portable, I've had this one for three years and no issues.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/6/Tools/1/CompressorsAirTools/Compressors/PRDOVR~0587949P/MotoMaster+5-Gallon+Twin-stack+Air+Compressor.jsp?locale=en

It will work fine for tires, blow gun, air nailer/stapler and you might be able to run a ratchet off it but I've never tried.

They often go on sale for $120

That is very similar to the Makita one I put an offer in on. Should work great for what I need. Thanks for the info and link :thumbsup_anim: