Flippin' and Pitchin' with Harrison

fishnsled

Had a great day on the water yesterday with Phil. We were planning on some Lake O fishing but when I saw the winds and fog and made the call to go bassin'. Picked up Phil at 5:30am and the first order of business, was business - mailbox drop off. If you recently placed an order with eTackle , it's in the mail, honestly. ;) Then a coffee stop and then to figure out the lake of the day. After driving for about 20 minutes Phil made the call on the lake. (He had to decide on the lake, that way if it sucked I could blame him. :P )

With the boat launched we were not to long getting to the first spot looking for some smallies. Phil hooked a dink which jumped off and that was it for spot one. Spot 2 for the smallies didn't produce either and we made the call to change things up and look forbuckets. We pulled up on our first shoreline and it wasn't long that Phil's secret weapon (aka - Eddie) got the first fish. A nice bucket of about 2.5 pounds and we were feeling we made the right call.

We carried on flippin', pitchin' and tossin' for the rest of the day and had a great time. Lots of laughs which were interrupted by a few fish in record breaking heat. Did we ever appreciate the breeze when we moved from winded sheltered areas. Had a great time Phil, cheque is in the mail right? :whistling: Here's a couple of shots from the day.

See Joe, it's all in the shirt. That Terapoopa needs to get one. :rofl2:

P1000634.jpg

Phil Harrison - The Bassmaster!! :rolleyes:

P1000636.jpg

A couple of mine. A goofy hat doesn't hurt either.

P1000632.jpg

Kinda hoping this heat wave keeps up if the fishing stays as good as it has been.

Edited by fishnsled

lol..i see you two have no taste in shirts either...i probably have a hundred different variations of LOUD shirts...someone actually accused me of stealing their curtains once and making a shirt out of it...

nice shooting guys!

Thanks goodness you called each other… otherwise who knows what you would have worn. :w00t:

HAHAHA!

Looks like fun gentlemen. I think you've got your wish regarding the heat Will, today is going to be disgusting.

I can't take this humidity. I'm leaving for Wawa tonight, hopefully it'll be cooler.

Cheers

Every fish crazy bout a sharp dressed man!

You guys look great! You can see how happy Fil is just from wearing the appropriate summer atire! Brings a tear to my eye! That hat however, seems to clash a little... time to get the Terapoopa properly dressed I guess!

Well done lads...

HH

Thanks goodness you called each other… otherwise who knows what you would have worn. :w00t:

:rofl2:

HAHAHA!

Looks like fun gentlemen. I think you've got your wish regarding the heat Will, today is going to be disgusting.

I can't take this humidity. I'm leaving for Wawa tonight, hopefully it'll be cooler.

Cheers

Was up at 6 to get an early start on the yard work, at 9am it was feeling hotter then all of yesterday did. Hope things are cooler up there Mike, this heat can be unbearable. Good luck on the trip!!

Every fish crazy bout a sharp dressed man!

You guys look great! You can see how happy Fil is just from wearing the appropriate summer atire! Brings a tear to my eye! That hat however, seems to clash a little... time to get the Terapoopa properly dressed I guess!

Well done lads...

HH

:rofl2: Maybe you and Cliff can workout some lyrics for the song up at Bernie's next time.

Gold lures, diamond reels, I ain' missin'not a single pickereye!! :D

LOL...great report Will!!

I had no idea there was a dress code...where do I get those ugly shirts anyways???

Looked like a great day guys...good to see you finally got out! :thumbsup_anim:

The best place to get properly atired is the "Double V" (Value Village). Find one in an affulent area of town and you will find the expensive one's for cheap!

HH

Always have a great time fishing with Will. Lots of laughs and fish. His grilled pork sandwiches were awe inspiring.

Fished some new water on a lake I fished for years, lots of the same structure, we just had to dial in and pattern the what, where, and why certain areas had fish. Once we did that with the help of "Eddie", we got into them.

My hat clashes with my lovely shirt? I thought it was a perfectly matched accessory.

As for finding simply smashing shirts as these, one must be sponsored, then approved to join the "Angling Lodge" to get the password. Then and only then, the journey may begin.