New PB muskie. X2

nancur373

Well now that I figured out how to post pics from my phone here goes. Have a trailer on pigeon lake. Decided to try and give muskie a go on the sunday of opening weekend. My cousin and I got up at 5: 30. Only lure I had was a large black and orange spinner bait. Worked the edges of the floating bogs. Picked up a few oos bass. Drifted over a small pencil reed island and upon exiting the other end I let my lure stop and fall beside the boat to light a smoke and bang fish on. Little guy 28". First ever muskie. Yeah baby. Rubber net, quick pic, measurement and release. No harm and still lots of spunk. 7: 00 am. KawarthaLakes-20120603-00052.jpg

Drifted over to a floating bog island. First cast into the channel and it exploded on impact. Little bigger, 32", but way stronger. Great fight. Same catch and release as earlier. 8: 0am.

KawarthaLakes-20120603-00055.jpg

Back to the trailer for breakfast at 9: 00 am. Great morning all around.

Edited by nancur373

Nice, but don't expect to double up on pbs in 2hours of fishing too often. :thumbsup_anim:

Man all the talk I hear about muskie fishing is hard and many days of no fish and the fish of a thousand casts. Thins stuff is a walk in the park dude.

Think I'll chalk it up to beginners luck. Lol

Only lure I had was a large black and orange spinner bait :whistling:

Thats awesome - congrats - I think Mike P chipped in above he will become your new best friend. It has been great to see just the numbers of smaller muskie around this year, must have been a great year class a couple of years ago, we also have been catching many in the 32-34 size.

Man all the talk I hear about muskie fishing is hard and many days of no fish and the fish of a thousand casts. Thins stuff is a walk in the park dude.

Think I'll chalk it up to beginners luck. Lol

I caught a 50" ski on my first ever official musky trip. I think I should stop before things get out of hand.

Nice fish :thumbsup_anim:

Nice Job. I would advise you to only pic up a few lures that are proven producer. If you buy a new lure, make sure you know it will catch fish in the body of water you are fishing. Do not walk in to a tackle store and buy a lure because it looks good. Having said that my advice is useless, as when you truly gt hooked your spend your season fishing, and your off season collecting lures.

Nice Job. I would advise you to only pic up a few lures that are proven producer. If you buy a new lure, make sure you know it will catch fish in the body of water you are fishing. Do not walk in to a tackle store and buy a lure because it looks good. Having said that my advice is useless, as when you truly gt hooked your spend your season fishing, and your off season collecting lures.

My neighbors fishing has slowed down a lot the last few years. I think these pics got the bug back in him. Maybe I'll go out with him and use his lures. lol