Leaf Talk

jedimaster

Lol they don't need a goalie!! They have 3 or 4 in the organization at least that showed they can win games. U can't fault a goalie that gets run by another player and gets hurt, or that has no help in front of him. Trading for a goalie would be plain stupid. Waste of prospects/draft picks/players. Staal will never come to the leafs, it wouldn't even be a thought to get him. Nash will cost too much, but we'll see how much burke could whittle down the jackets on their asking price. Parise is the only free agent really worth signing as a free agent.

Schenn is a solid dman, u want poor play, phaneuf was the worst on the blueline last year.

I don't reimer for getting run but he was shakey at best after he back, and its obvious Gustafson is not going to be playing #1 for the blue and white any time soon. They need a number goalie. I don't think that can sit back and gamble on what they had last year this year again. I think Alaire was a big part of the problem as well, but the org has its hooks deep with him.

The leafs had a real strong 3/4 of a season last year. Played tight and fast paced. Of course we all know how they fell apart, the defense got exposed and so did the goaltending. Everyteam has a few guys that cough the puck up, its innevetable. The leneed to further tighten up the d line, and pickup a goalie. I would like to see a big time center as well.

Agreed!:good:.

It would be possible for Toronto to re-sign Staal even though he'd like to play with Eric. What he really wants is to be a top 2 center. The guy gets no powerplay time at all. As a Pens fan it would suck to see him go because he's a very good all around player but I understand why he wants out, he'll always be stuck behind the 2 best centers in the league and his potential is too high to be 3rd line center for his entire career. But considering what Ray Shero got for Goligoski (Neal and Niskanen) it probably won't be cheap to get him.

Winning teams aren't built with trades until all the pieces are in place. They are built by drafting wisely then staying with the young players while they develop.

There won't be a Stanley Cup team in Toronto until the fans, fired-up by the local sports press, stop screaming for quick fixes. You have to except that neither Rome not a winning team is built in a day.

For almost 50 years the Leafs had traded the future for retreads to "save the season."

Look how well it has worked!!!

Does anyone remember the sporting press bemoaning the stupid way Pat Gillick wouldn't make a trade while building the Blue Jays?...They called him "Stand-Pat"...So how did that work out?

I guess that's why sports writers aren't General Managers...HAHAHA.

TSN is reporting Tim Thomas has just today agreed to waive his no trade clause.. Indicating he doesnt want to play in Boston..Go git him Burkie! for those that didnt know this he was going to take next season off to avoid playing for Boston. It was his last year of his contract..He wants out bad..I wonder who pissed him off?

Tim Thomas? No thanks. Guy is a complete lunatic.

What makes you say that? Not trying to start somthing , was just wondering what makes you think that.? I honestly dont know him other then as an awesome net minder...Id be happy to have him fo rhte last 2 years of his carear, then its Rime time..If he ever gets healthy again...Damn you Gionta....

What makes you say that? Not trying to start somthing , was just wondering what makes you think that.? I honestly dont know him other then as an awesome net minder...Id be happy to have him fo rhte last 2 years of his carear, then its Rime time..If he ever gets healthy again...Damn you Gionta....

Moves his family mid season to Colorado out of the blue, some of his political rants etc.. We don't need him in Toronto, I'll take Luongo way before I'd ever consider Thomas.

We don't need a 40 year old goalie.

Um, a year removed from the best GAA ever in the Cup playoffs + Conn Smythe trophy beating out Luongo in the process. Last year. Not 5yrs ago.

Timmeh at 1yr remaining vs Loo at, what, 10yrs remaining??? Someones on the pipe and it aint me.

If ever there was a stopgap that virtually guarantees a step to the next level its Thomas. If I was Burke, id do whats necessary to get his team the elite goalie it needs. Now.

Edit: who gives a rats about his politics. The plats at the ACC dont care, and neither do I.

Edited by Jigger

Um, a year removed from the best GAA ever in the Cup playoffs + Conn Smythe trophy beating out Luongo in the process. Last year. Not 5yrs ago.

Timmeh at 1yr remaining vs Loo at, what, 10yrs remaining??? Someones on the pipe and it aint me.

If ever there was a stopgap that virtually guarantees a step to the next level its Thomas. If I was Burke, id do whats necessary to get his team the elite goalie it needs. Now.

A 40 year old goalie? How did Thomas do in the playoffs this year? They aren't going to be in cup contention next year, Thomas should just hang out with his family and wait for the apocalypse.

How did Hasek do at 40? How about Brodeur at 40? I remember reading about some old fart that won a cup for, wait for it, the Maple Leafs that was 40. Goalie is not Power Forward.

We aren't talking about them. I really don't care how Thomas played when they won the cup, where was he this year in the playoffs?

We aren't talking about them. I really don't care how Thomas played when they won the cup, where was he this year in the playoffs?

Hey Bill,it,s a team game.Goalies may steal the odd game,but it takes goals to win as well.

Brodeur ,did his best(man at 40,he was fantastic) but you need goals.

Edited by Misfish