Looking for cheap/free sand in the GTA

I'd pass on the beach sand not the least of which is the point Spiel brings up re:legality. There may also be the matter of cleanliness of the sand, too many geese and gulls basically ;) For a child's sandbox, I'd find proper, clean sand and I would think any place that sold aggregate would be able to fill your order for cheaper than HD or Cdn Tire ($4 per 18kg bag).

Brick sand is beautiful for sand boxes.

Most construction sand is garbage for sandboxes as it turns very hard like concrete after a rain. Not brick sand though, brick sand is almost as nice as a Caribbean beach.

O.K. here is a free and legal source of sand....Sweep it up off the edge of the highway if they put down sand like they do down here on every little snowflake you should have to sweep just a little bit. :lol::w00t:

Art

You boys did see free and cheap. The "legality" by the time somebody finds somebody to call buddy will be gone.

Same way poachers get away !!! Not good advise , good CLEAN brick sand (the kind you will want your children to play in , remember children will put their hands in their mouths even if covered in things i.e. sand and dirt) is not very costly , probably less than a spool of power pro , some senkos and and a cheap combo .

Arnts Landscape supply in Pickering/Whitby. You can bag your own, pretty cheap and clean.

The free stuff you see is probably from guys re-doing old landscaping and need to get rid of it.

Edited by Harrison