Hatfields & McCoys

Billy Bob

Having seen all 3 episodes, I was fairly impressed. Good acting for the most part. After the first installment I was worried they had made a remake of "titanic" using the feud as just a historical backdrop to a love story. By the end though they were back to telling about the feud.

I don't know exactly how accurate it is though. Really though with a feud like that who would know what was the REAL story but the people dead and buried. Except for court transcripts and the government records all the rest would just be from letters if they survived and those letters would be just a bunch of "they said" and "we did" yadda yadda yadda go team.

I read an article that Paxton visited the real area before he flew over to Romania to shoot it, and that he didn't really feel any affinity for his character. Pretty good acting by him is that was true...

Pfffftt. There was a Storage Wars marathon on A&E airing at the same time. No brainer as to what I watched. :whistling:

Yup, much better than watching a bunch of 'tards having a shoot em up over even more retarded stuff. Looks like pretty low IQ. Similar to the Moonshiners program, I would be rather embarrased to be seen on TV as a hick of such low quality.

Yup, much better than watching a bunch of 'tards having a shoot em up over even more retarded stuff. Looks like pretty low IQ. Similar to the Moonshiners program, I would be rather embarrased to be seen on TV as a hick of such low quality.

It's still history, whether you like it or not.

Anyone who would pick Storage Wars over the Hatfields & McCoys need to have their IQ checked....... :rofl2:

You do realize that Storage Wars is completely scripted....or do you.... :rofl2:

romania? that would explain the occasional gothic castle in the background...

i heard it cost 47 million lei$ to make , to give you an idea that is like 47 billion bani$!!!! :)

heh, funny..."bani" is like cents here :P ...so ya 47mil "lei" would be around $13mil USD...pretty cheap I guess :P

It's what they find in some of the storage bins that is interesting, not the idiots that do the bidding

I agree but find the show as a whole is waste of my time...I sometimes get stuck watching it at the FH...Pawn Stars IMHO is much better.

Yes, Chum Lee, my favourite.. :thumbsup_anim:

I like the OLD MAN........but also CL......did you see the one where a guy came in with a ton of silver......they purchased it for $111,000.00.....Rick took some and had Silver dollars made with "In Old Man We Trust" on them.....to be sold at $60 each........too bad they didn't have them when we visited their shop in April......but I do have a OLD MAN shot glass.... :)

Really looking forward to watching this show. I reserve myself to watch a couple shows at a time. Right now it's Game of Thrones and Mad Men.

No spoilers on the Hatfields & McCoys though please. :)

nice! leave it to BB to bring up the gun-totin' score settlin' kentucky west virginia fueds!! where did the concept of 'vengeance' go..

any real history buffs that can vouch for the accuracy of the show so far? has it been glamorized/adapted for tv or has it been fairly true to the events???

after watching it, I researched the actual history of the feud and the TV show was bang on, the sequence of events is almost exact and true, the length of time may seem abit distorted though (in reality, there were years of gaps without incidents between the 2 families, it all didn't happen in less than a year the way it appears on the show)

very cool that they stuck to the facts, even more shocking is how people can be violent and set on revenge

I thought it was bizzare that the head of each family, who could have likely ended the trouble early, lived the longest

after watching it, I researched the actual history of the feud and the TV show was bang on, the sequence of events is almost exact and true, the length of time may seem abit distorted though (in reality, there were years of gaps without incidents between the 2 families, it all didn't happen in less than a year the way it appears on the show)

very cool that they stuck to the facts, even more shocking is how people can be violent and set on revenge

I thought it was bizzare that the head of each family, who could have likely ended the trouble early, lived the longest

Go back further in time and you'll discover that the original 'white' settlers of this area were displaced farm workers -rednecks so named for the time spent out in the fields - from Scotland. While better educated Scots were making their marks around the world -John A MacDonald, Sanford Fleming and others - the rednecks were the squalling drunken louts.

As such it should come as not much of a surprise that a man from Kentucky -Clay I think it was - was a big proponent behind America attacking British North America in 1812. Seeing as Britain was dealing with Napoleon in Europe and minor grade troops were garrisoned in Canada, Americans such as Clay thought the timing was right to fulfill American 'Manifest Destiny' - occupying all of North America.

Due to a number of factors, including an enlistment clause which determined that U.S. troops would not have to leave American territory unvoluntarily, the U.S. lost the war. They did get a national anthem out of it though.

Program on the War of 1812 on the History Channel (Canada) this Sunday at 9.

Edited by blue pickeral

Go back further in time and you'll discover that the original 'white' settlers of this area were displaced farm workers -rednecks so named for the time spent out in the fields - from Scotland. While better educated Scots were making their marks around the world -John A MacDonald, Sanford Fleming and others - the rednecks were the squalling drunken louts.

As such it should come as not much of a surprise that a man from Kentucky -Clay I think it was - was a big proponent behind America attacking British North America in 1812. Seeing as Britain was dealing with Napoleon in Europe and minor grade troops were garrisoned in Canada, Americans such as Clay thought the timing was right to fulfill American 'Manifest Destiny' - occupying all of North America.

Due to a number of factors, including an enlistment clause which determined that U.S. troops would not have to leave American territory unvoluntarily, the U.S. lost the war. They did get a national anthem out of it though.

Program on the War of 1812 on the History Channel (Canada) this Sunday at 9.

Interesting... Somehow I doubt that will make it to A&E or The History Channel :whistling: