Rod holder

Kind of a pointless topic, just thought that I would show off my "handyman skills." Got caught off guard when plans for tomorrow changed from trout to muskie, had a few lures that I knew would work but when fishing from a canoe I knew from experience that it's not easy trolling from a canoe, so 5 minutes later and some duct tape and this is what happens, it's actually fairly sturdy.

Now to choose between south sturgeon and the trent in peterburough. dunno.gif

Photo on 12-06-02 at 10.36 PM.jpg

Only needs to hold the rod until a fish bites wink.gif and trust me the clamp handle adds a lot of backbone, but I'll have more duct tape on hand, learned that from solo.oops.gif

Make sure you use a rod that you dont mind loosingwhistling.gif The idea is fine, the material not so muchrolleyes.gif

It's probably cheaper for you to just buy one than waste a roll of duct tape on your Red Green Rod Holder. It's like $4 for a proper, metal rod holder at my local flea market and it works rather well in my canoe.

Go get an old salty down east rod holder !!! Alot of salmon and Muskie guys use them they are bullet proof and last forever all steel to and fully adjustable !!! They make 2 styles !!!! About $40 each !!!!! Google it and see they are quick release to by just lifting your rod up and out !!! That one you made will explode when you are going northbound and a 42inch Muskie is going southbound !!!! And you will lose it all !!!!!

for a second I thought that was just for rod storage while you were not fishing, and thought that was a bad idea. Then I realized it was for trolling - really bad idea. As many have said, a musky would make that go bye bye. It would never come to that, just the pull from trolling a musky lure would make that go bye bye

Go get an old salty down east rod holder !!! Alot of salmon and Muskie guys use them they are bullet proof and last forever all steel to and fully adjustable !!! They make 2 styles !!!! About $40 each !!!!! Google it and see they are quick release to by just lifting your rod up and out !!! That one you made will explode when you are going northbound and a 42inch Muskie is going southbound !!!! And you will lose it all !!!!!

X2

http://www.etackle.ca/down-east/