Losing a lure or rod is bad!

ketchenany

A fish ripped the prosthesis off his arm, but another fisherman later snagged that same fish

A man's experience while fishing in Florida brings new meaning to the one that got away.

Wounded Warrior Jack Wiseman was fishing alongside fellow wounded soldiers as part of the Boca Grande tournament on Memorial Day weekend when he hooked a big one. But the fish was too strong and not only swam away with his rod, but also pulled off his prosthetic arm.

"All of a sudden the hand snapped off the prosthetic device, still hooked to the rod, and the rod and the reel and the hand went down into the water," said Wiseman to Bay News 9.

Fellow Wounded Warrior fisherman Rudy Salas told CBS 12 they thought the whole thing was funny. "You're gonna be a legend, you're the only guy that lost an arm out here yesterday."

But Wiseman didn't end up losing the hand forever.

Later in the day, another fisherman snagged the same fish and sure enough, Wiseman's rod and hand were still attached.

"They brought it back to us," he said to CBS 12. "So that's my fishing story."

The eight Wounded Warriors who participated in the event have already been invited back to compete next year.

A fish ripped the prosthesis off his arm, but another fisherman later snagged that same fish

A man's experience while fishing in Florida brings new meaning to the one that got away.

Wounded Warrior Jack Wiseman was fishing alongside fellow wounded soldiers as part of the Boca Grande tournament on Memorial Day weekend when he hooked a big one. But the fish was too strong and not only swam away with his rod, but also pulled off his prosthetic arm.

"All of a sudden the hand snapped off the prosthetic device, still hooked to the rod, and the rod and the reel and the hand went down into the water," said Wiseman to Bay News 9.

Fellow Wounded Warrior fisherman Rudy Salas told CBS 12 they thought the whole thing was funny. "You're gonna be a legend, you're the only guy that lost an arm out here yesterday."

But Wiseman didn't end up losing the hand forever.

Later in the day, another fisherman snagged the same fish and sure enough, Wiseman's rod and hand were still attached.

"They brought it back to us," he said to CBS 12. "So that's my fishing story."

The eight Wounded Warriors who participated in the event have already been invited back to compete next year.

Isn't that the limit,good things happen to good people!!!!:good:

Similar happened to me ice fishing one year. A friend was setting up a hundred yards away from me and a laker took his brand new st croix down the hole. 5 minutes later I got a hit on one of my tip ups. I pulled it and it had two hooks in its mouth. I pulled up the 9.5 pounder, along with 100 feet of line and my friends rod and reel.

I lost a steel glove while releasing a big catfish. As I was reviving him he put on a burst of steam clamped down on my hand and started to swim off. I didn't want to go so I wiggled out of the glove and he took his trophy with him.

Art

I lost a steel glove while releasing a big catfish. As I was reviving him he put on a burst of steam clamped down on my hand and started to swim off. I didn't want to go so I wiggled out of the glove and he took his trophy with him.

You know what they say.... "no glove...no love!" :w00t:

Similar happened to me ice fishing one year. A friend was setting up a hundred yards away from me and a laker took his brand new st croix down the hole. 5 minutes later I got a hit on one of my tip ups. I pulled it and it had two hooks in its mouth. I pulled up the 9.5 pounder, along with 100 feet of line and my friends rod and reel.

This happened to me in Juneau, Alaska. My buddy and I were fishing near the salmon hatchery and a huge chum hit when he wasn't paying attention. Rod and reel shot right out of his hand and into the drink. After the laughing died down (mostly from me), I cast out a couple of times and felt a pull, reeled in my line and there was my friend's rod on the hook. He grabbed it out of the water and gave the reel a few good cranks, and yup, the big dog was still on the line. :-)

I was out with a good buddy once and enjoyed a day of fishing and beverages. That evening while cleaning our catch I cut open a crappie and a little genie popped out and said he would grant me 3 wishes.

I quickly realized I had drank too much during the day and went to bed.

lol by the sound of it , it wasnt the beer it was those wild "mushrooms" you were eating off on the shoe line...lol