Fish-A-Thon for a Cure!!!

Hi guys,

Ok so my girlfriend and I are offically signed up, as well as my cousin but I had no idea he was signing up and vice versa (which is kinda cool)

If someone could point me in the direction of a pledge sheet or e-mail me one ([email protected]) that would be awesome so I can get to work.

I have one question though, my girlfriend really wants to participate in this tournament but at the current moment is not able to move her right hand at all. The poor thing has been going through radiation for cancer in her hand and they warned her it may get to this, we just didn't realize it will be that bad. They say it should return to normal as her therapy finished today but if she's signed up and has collected donations and isn't able to hold a rod on the day of the tournament is it ok if she comes along in my boat and spectates? I'm pretty sure she would probabally still enjoy that, just not sure how things go.

Anyways both of us are really excited for this fish-a-thon. Can't wait to see everyone.

Hi guys,

Ok so my girlfriend and I are offically signed up, as well as my cousin but I had no idea he was signing up and vice versa (which is kinda cool)

If someone could point me in the direction of a pledge sheet or e-mail me one ([email protected]) that would be awesome so I can get to work.

I have one question though, my girlfriend really wants to participate in this tournament but at the current moment is not able to move her right hand at all. The poor thing has been going through radiation for cancer in her hand and they warned her it may get to this, we just didn't realize it will be that bad. They say it should return to normal as her therapy finished today but if she's signed up and has collected donations and isn't able to hold a rod on the day of the tournament is it ok if she comes along in my boat and spectates? I'm pretty sure she would probabally still enjoy that, just not sure how things go.

Anyways both of us are really excited for this fish-a-thon. Can't wait to see everyone.

What's cool is your cousin in standing right beside me lol

Your girlfriend can spectate or sit on the beach. Lots of stuff to do!

I just emailed you a pledge sheet

Hi guys,

Your GF is most certainly welcome to accompany you in the boat the tournament aspect of this event is very laid back .

went to Deer Creek and fished for about 5 hours or so. Caught tonnes of good size rockbass, and 1 nice largie. The girlfriend caught some nice gills. Majority of fish were caught within a 2-2.5 hour span. Even caught a Goby...didn't know those stupid things were in this lake too...

Pics:

471175_10151095241426133_298084032_o.jpg

323258_10151095241231133_1296339144_o.jpg

177927_10151095240861133_1280457349_o.jpg

jeremy84 - Looking forward to seeing you and your GF next weekend! :Gonefishing:

Rich - We'll figure it out buddy.... I think last year I just towed your boat down here friday didn't we or was that the year before... it's all a blurr to me lol?

D_Paluch - see u next saturday buddy (don't be shy to pop in for a visit when you're in this area!)

Lot's of amazing prize donations coming in guys - we're going to have to do up a BIG thank you list this year! :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

It's awesome to see this grow do much I wish we did not have our kids fishing derby on the sunday 22nd after the fish a thon I would love to camp one year but I can't miss the kids derby.

Don't beat yourself up Mike. It will happen. What you and the mrs. Did with your auction was amazing! Really looking forward to seeing you both again.

Juli will be hobbling around snapping mega pics, and my "orders"from Dan :D

Are dock duty, so I'll be helping get everyone launched in a timely manner.

Fingers crossed for good weather, guess Ryan has been in the same boat as me this week, so we should both be healthy for the event!

Don't beat yourself up Mike. It will happen. What you and the mrs. Did with your auction was amazing! Really looking forward to seeing you both again.

Juli will be hobbling around snapping mega pics, and my "orders"from Dan :D

Are dock duty, so I'll be helping get everyone launched in a timely manner.

Fingers crossed for good weather, guess Ryan has been in the same boat as me this week, so we should both be healthy for the event!

They did an amazing job with the auction but they also have one more thing coming that I am excited about! I am not spoiling it yet though :D

Will be there around 7.00am bringing both boats with 3 extra friends so should be a good time. Don't forget Albert I'm helping with the BBQ again and the beer that I owe you. :stretcher::whistling: See every one there and got to stop by Bills Bait to p/u prizes he promised me :ninja::tease:

Will be there around 7.00am bringing both boats with 3 extra friends so should be a good time. Don't forget Albert I'm helping with the BBQ again and the beer that I owe you. :stretcher::whistling: See every one there and got to stop by Bills Bait to p/u prizes he promised me :ninja::tease:

Thanks again for getting some more prizes!

Hey Guys - A couple quick copy and paste posts that I just put on the facebook page!

It's supposed to be high 20's to low 30's next saturday guys! Laurie Davidson from Dixie got Coke to Donate a bunch of pop and my Mother and Father in law pitched in and bought a bunch of water - But remember to bring drinks and stay hydrated throughout the day!

IMG_4904.jpg

As usual we're going to be stuffing our faces! ;o) Big thanks do DanD of OFC and his wife for providing burgers and getting Ricco foods to hook us up with Hot Dogs! 200 of each! We have a special surprise for desert :whistling: and my mother-in-law and wife will be heading up the rest of our FEAST!

IMG_4905.jpg

Dan Bouck has over 150 prizes at his place and they're still coming in thanks to all of our amazing friends and sponsors. He's worked tirelessly with them to make sure everybody goes home with something for their efforts! Prizes like this great aerated bait bucket from Erie Bait, Spiel's wicked rod, other fishing equipment, tools, tv's, gift certificates and weekend getaway's are all up for grabs! We'll be posting a prize thread to thank everybody who stepped up and donated something for our cause!

IMG_4903.jpg

We ran down to the lake to go over a few things this morning and we're all set at the park.... For those wondering about the lake conditions... it's been dry and sunny so the lake is slow moving and CRYSTAL CLEAR. Weeds are coming in thick and so are the shiners... I don't know if the fish are eating them, but I wouldn't come armed without some sort of minnow style bait... Drop Shots, Waky Rigged Worms, Topwater frogs, Jigs, Crayfish Imitations, Minnow baits... Come armed and ready to catch the winning fish!!!

IMG_4873.jpg

I'm up in Sudbury picking up Averie who spent 2 weeks here with grandma and grandpa visiting, getting pledges and making awards for the Fish-A-Thon! The old man is printing off stickers for everybody right now - hot off the press @ Creative Design in Sudbury!

th_c3401f82.jpg

Cheers,

Ryan

B)

I've had a few more donations and pledges come in this morning. A few have gone online and donated there. I just wanted to thank those involved for setting that up - Roy, Dan and whoever else. Because of the ease of donating online I know it has brought in a few more donations than I would have been able to track down. Thank You!! :good:

For those who haven't done so and would like to contribute a donation of any size please do so at

Fish-A-Thon

and hit the donate button located just above the slideshow video.

Add my name or any other participant you wish to support in the message section and help out this great cause.

Hey Everyone I only have a couple of minutes, while the generator is on and I’m so happy that things are coming together for the fish-a-thon. Like I said the genny is only on for a bit here at the camp, I’m on the Atawapiskat at Eddie’s camp right now, so I’ll keep it short. Ryan there’s 250 dogs and 200 burgers; you got too keep count man. :rofl2:

Hope that the little freezer works out on site to keep drinks cold after the food’s been pulled out?

Have fun everyone; I’m not missing next year’s event; not going to plan any form of trip around this date that’s for sure.

Dan.

Hey Everyone I only have a couple of minutes, while the generator is on and I’m so happy that things are coming together for the fish-a-thon. Like I said the genny is only on for a bit here at the camp, I’m on the Atawapiskat at Eddie’s camp right now, so I’ll keep it short. Ryan there’s 250 dogs and 200 burgers; you got too keep count man. :rofl2:

Hope that the little freezer works out on site to keep drinks cold after the food’s been pulled out?

Have fun everyone; I’m not missing next year’s event; not going to plan any form of trip around this date that’s for sure.

Dan.

LOL now that's dedication - taking time away from your trip to post here! :thumbsup_anim: I guess I should either start counting things properly or work on my memory! haha Thanks again Dan - we really can't explain how helpful your awesome donations have been! Stay safe and take lots of pics for us on your trip! The freezer is awesome and will be put to good use at the Fish-A-Thon!! It's going to be a hot one on Saturday!

Cheers,

Ryan

Edited by The Urban Fisherman

Hey Guys!

We're working on a mass e-mail as well but for everybody checking in here I'm going to paste a list of things to remember for Saturday. It's also up on the FAQ page at www.fish-a-thon.com that Dan built. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions that aren't covered there.

We're providing an awesome dinner for everybody but you are responsible for bringing your own lunch and snacks. We'll have a couple of BBQ's on site if you bring anything that you'd like to cook up for lunch. We also have had some water and coke donated, but it's supposed to be hot and sunny so it'd be a good idea to bring some drinks of your own as well.

1) Digital Camera or photo friendly phone

2) SD Memory Card

3) Fish-A-Thon Sticker ( Provided )

4) Lake Map ( Provided )

5) Sunscreen

6) Fishing License

7) Boating Safety Equipment

8) Water / Drinks

9) Lunch Food - Snacks etc.

10) Rain Gear / Swim Suits ( prepared for all weather conditions although at this point it's supposed to be hot and sunny )

11) Fishing Gear ( Tackle / Rods / bait etc. )

For those of you who've been to the Fish-A-Thon in the past, feel free to post anything I might have missed!

Thanks!

Ryan