Fish-A-Thon for a Cure!!!

Hey Guys!

I'm going to keep it short this morning and maybe let a few of our amazing participants step in and post as well! We'll add a whole bunch of photos, info and sponsorship links as this thread and planning of this years event unfolds.

First and foremost, I really have to mention something here. I started this Fish-A-Thon with short notice and amazing support from many folks here on OFC and the first year exceeded my expectations. Fish-A-Thon 2.0 almost didn't happen because of my schedule that summer and just my general lack of being able to balance everything going on my life. Lucky for me a few good friends stepped in and gave me the shove I needed to make it happen - once again, thanks to everybody it was a great success. After that a really good dude decided to step up to the plate and really take charge of this whole thing. Sure he doesn't always catch the biggest fish in the world, but he does know how to take an idea and turn it into something HUGE. :whistling: I really want everybody to know that without Dan Bouck this event wouldn't be half of what it has become. He's donated many hours of his personal time, worked selflessly on this and really deserves a big round of applause from everybody! There's a ton of amazing people involved in this event, members here, sponsors, the list goes on and it just wouldn't happen without the amazing support with get from all of you!

This years event is scheduled for July 21st 2012 @ the Deer Creek Conservation Area near Langton, ON. Pledges can be as small or large as people are willing to donate - every penny counts towards finding a cure for Cancer. We've all lost to many friends and family members to this and it's about time we put cancer where it belongs... in the history books! We've raised over $20,000 with your help and support and with any luck we'll be over $30,000 by July 21st 2012!

Please if you're interested in being a "Fish-A-Thoner", sponsoring the event or if you're just looking for more info, hop on over to the website that Dan has built and fire us an e-mail!

Thanks again to EVERYBODY - I can't wait for this years event - it's going to be an amazing time, with big fish, tons of prizes, great memories and we'll be FISHING for a cure.... it doesn't get any better then that! :thumbsup_anim:

Just to give you an idea of what goes on - I dug up Frank and Juli's photo journal from last year... you can see it via this link : http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55621&st=0&p=605806&hl=cancer&fromsearch=1entry605806

Ciao for now,

Ryan

ps. For those who've participated in the past, feel free to post any pics or info here. We're just a big group of friends putting on an amazing event. You're all part of it and are more then welcome to take part here in this thread!

Edited by The Urban Fisherman

Good stuff, buddy!!! Juli and I will get a few extra photos up when we get a chance.

I'm sure Dan, her and I will discuss the event a fair amount out on the boat on Saturday.

Looking forward to another great day!! :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by FRANKIE65

Hey Ryan.

I have that prize table donation I promised Dan Bouck and I plan on bringing it down to my trailer. I’ll be in Normandale (Hidden Valley camp) as of tomorrow till Monday and I don’t mind going for a ride to get away from the chores I’m suppose too do down there. You’re not far from Dear Creek from what I gather; if so send me a PM with your address and directions. If this weekend is not convenient no big deal I’ll keep the donation at the trailer until we can meet up?

We still haven’t pinned down the sponsor that wanted the letter; but if he doesn’t come through; Cathy and I will and that’s a promise. So you can forget about where the burgers and dogs are coming from; they’ll be in my freezer, waiting for you.

Dan said something around 150-200 of each?

I’ll have to miss this year’s event; my one brother (another cancer sufferer) and I will be on route back from the Attawapiskat River and our week’s stay at Eddie’s camp. I wanted to be there this year and help out where I could but I'm not missing this trip with my brother; it mybe his last; frigging cancer.

Dan.

It'll be 5 years this coming Friday that my only brother died from this horrible disease.

He posted on this board as eddyk

I'll be sending a donation again this year too Ryan.

This is a great event last year was our first time being able to make it and it was a blast we are looking forward to it this year. I will be donating more Handlebarz for the prize table again. Thanks Dan and Ryan for heading this great event.

Cudos to you, Ryan, for starting this great event and building a super team of participants- I am confident that we have all lost loved ones to cancer and would love to see a cure... And it's obvious with Dan's devotion, Mike and his wife's auction, and so many events to support this that they feel the same. You know you can count us in!

Great event I hope you raise lots of money!!! I was just diagnosed with cancer a few days ago, so I really appreciate anyone trying to raise money to find a cure. I'm just 33 years old and it's a shock to myself and my entire network of friends and family.

Great event I hope you raise lots of money!!! I was just diagnosed with cancer a few days ago, so I really appreciate anyone trying to raise money to find a cure. I'm just 33 years old and it's a shock to myself and my entire network of friends and family.

PM sent

Hey Ryan.

I have that prize table donation I promised Dan Bouck and I plan on bringing it down to my trailer. I’ll be in Normandale (Hidden Valley camp) as of tomorrow till Monday and I don’t mind going for a ride to get away from the chores I’m suppose too do down there. You’re not far from Dear Creek from what I gather; if so send me a PM with your address and directions. If this weekend is not convenient no big deal I’ll keep the donation at the trailer until we can meet up?

We still haven’t pinned down the sponsor that wanted the letter; but if he doesn’t come through; Cathy and I will and that’s a promise. So you can forget about where the burgers and dogs are coming from; they’ll be in my freezer, waiting for you.

Dan said something around 150-200 of each?

I’ll have to miss this year’s event; my one brother (another cancer sufferer) and I will be on route back from the Attawapiskat River and our week’s stay at Eddie’s camp. I wanted to be there this year and help out where I could but I'm not missing this trip with my brother; it mybe his last; frigging cancer.

Dan.

:worthy:

I just threw a post in announcements for SRT8's perch derby coming up. Another great event to raise money for the fish-a-thon :thumbsup_anim:

I'll put the direct link if you want to register for the Fish-A-Thon up. Just go Here, fill it out and I will send you out the pledge form.

I wanna see some new OFC'rs out there this year!

and bring the kids

293062_354059631303217_343709942338186_965500_1607643975_n.jpg

Hey Dan thanks for posting the perch derby I never even thought to put it up here . I will be camping again this year at deercreek for the Fish a Thon (no fires at our site this year) and have a few nice prizes from sponsors and the fishing community to bring some really nice shirts and hats courtesy of Columbia and lots of Trokar hooks to add to the prize packs I am really Looking forward to this years event

Been getting busy on a rod donation for the Fish-A-Thon for Cancer.

Handle is done and the guides are on, just need to get the winding finish on and, Bam we're golden.

A quick peek at the handle..... ;)

fish_a_thon.jpg

It's an ultra light rod, 6' Frontier to be precise, rated for 1-4lb test, sweet little rod for perch'n or small stream trout'n.

Custom handle with all Fuji components.

If you're there, it could be yours. thumbsup_anim.gif

Handle is done and the guides are on, just need to get the winding finish on and, Bam we're golden.

fish_a_thon.jpg

It's an ultra light rod, 6' Frontier to be precise, rated for 1-4lb test, sweet little rod for perch'n or small stream trout'n.

:worthy:

rolleyes.gifworthy.gifohmy.gif

fish_a_thon.jpg