Fish-A-Thon for a Cure!!!

Been getting busy on a rod donation for the Fish-A-Thon for Cancer.

Handle is done and the guides are on, just need to get the winding finish on and, Bam we're golden.

A quick peek at the handle..... ;)

fish_a_thon.jpg

It's an ultra light rod, 6' Frontier to be precise, rated for 1-4lb test, sweet little rod for perch'n or small stream trout'n.

Custom handle with all Fuji components.

If you're there, it could be yours. thumbsup_anim.gif

Very nice Chris and Kudos to Ryan & Dan for doing such a great event :good:

We now have a "Donate" button on the website. If you would like to donate please go to the site. It will take you to a secure Paypal site.

Thanks to Roy for giving us the final kick in the :asshat: to get that done :D

Was at the reservoir tonight. Rented a canoe for 2 hours and with minimal dropshot effort landed a half dozen bass and some small crappies. Should be a great day for all again but be prepared to fish slow!

Hey there Ryan and Dan ..Im not to sure I can make it again this year..Where can I get a pledge form so I can collect some donations from folks I know.. The least I can do to help this great cause!

Hey there Ryan and Dan ..Im not to sure I can make it again this year..Where can I get a pledge form so I can collect some donations from folks I know.. The least I can do to help this great cause!

Shoot me your email via pm and I will get one out to you in the morning

Made some flyers and dropped some of at Bill's Bait & Tackle on Upper James St in Hamilton this evening and spoke with Greg and he put them up and he said that he will be making up some prizes for me to pick up next week. :clapping::thumbsup_anim: Also started getting cash Donations from drivers & staff where I work... Can't wait to meet up with every body again.. GET HER DONE

Made some flyers and dropped some of at Bill's Bait & Tackle on Upper James St in Hamilton this evening and spoke with Greg and he put them up and he said that he will be making up some prizes for me to pick up next week. :clapping::thumbsup_anim: Also started getting cash Donations from drivers & staff where I work... Can't wait to meet up with every body again.. GET HER DONE

:thumbsup_anim:

If any one knows how to get a hold of Maureen that does the t shirts let her know that I am still waiting for my Pickeral tee shirt. thanks

I will let her know

WHADDUP FOLKS?!?!?! I've been hybernating and by hybernating I mean I've been taking on more then I probably should right now but that's the way it goes. Thankfully the Fish-A-Thon has become a group effort, headed by Dan Bouck who has truly taken this to a whole new level. If it weren't for the efforts that all of you have put into this, both the folks who've publicly posted here and elsewhere, an those who've been in touch with Dan and I in the background this really wouldn't be able to happen.

Helping with this event has really put into perspective how many people are directly affected by this horrible desease and I really believe that the efforts you guys are putting forth will make a difference. Like DanD said - it could be your loonie that makes the difference.

We've got new and old sponsors stepping up to the plate and doing their part, and Dan has been doing an exceptional job with the website and getting people signed up. We've got posters up in a few local shops and are still taking participants and donation up until the event!!! So if you or somebody you know are on the fence about taking part in the event as a participant or a sponsor please go for it - I promise you a REALLY fun time with family and friends and the cause is the icing on the cake!

It's never to late to take part - we had a man hear about it on the radio the morning of the Fish-A-Thon last year and he showed up with his son with whatever donations he could wrangle up that morning. This year they're joining us in full force! I think that he took the time to rush out and get pledges that morning, spend the day making memories with his son, and teaching his son the importance of helping others is just as noble as those who have the ability to go out and get a thousand dollars in pledges. Every penny truly counts, big or small, we want to see you out there!

Updates to follow right up until the big day!

Thanks Dan and everybody here for all you've done. OUR event has become something more then any of us ever imagined.

Ciao for now,

Ryan

Hey Guys,

Dixie Tackle in St. Thomas said that anybody who show's up at the shop with a pledge sheet will get a guaranteed pledge from them! If you're looking for some pledges and a great place to check out some tackle pop by and see Laurie and she'll hook you up! She's always been a huge sponsor and a great friend to the Fish-A-Thon and everybody involved! Last year she provided every kid at the event with a tackle filled back-pack!

51 st. Catharine St.

St. Thomas, ON

Can't wait until the 21st!

Cheers,

Ryan

Edited by The Urban Fisherman

Got my dc season pass, been hitting it hard lately! Fishing is good, though those monster largies still evade me, plenty of smaller fish are readily willing to bite. Cant wait to see and hear about everyones interesting catches at the event!