long weekend gas prices ??

fishindevil

well that time again,the long blackfly weekend is here,so im just waiting to see by how much gas prices are going to up ?? and as usual it will just be a coincidence right ??? the idiots always jack it up just before the long weekends so lets see by how much i say 3-5 cents a liter !!! grrrrrr :asshat::wallbash: what does everyone think???? lets get mpp dan mcteague on the line and stick up for us!!!!

One reason I'm happy I'm fishing the week before smile.gif Plus all the traffic chaos... when everyone is on their way up, I'll be coming home, lol.

I'm happy because 'm already here. haha 40 minutes and the canoe will be on the water.

Based on the markets and oil prices.... gas should be going down. Tsx down 100pts, oil down $1 to $93.

C'mon Fishin D----Are you not aware that the prices will go up just prior to the long wkd cause the refineries have to change over from Mid-Spring/ Late winter blend to a late spring-early summer full moon blend

Please a little sympathy for those hard workin oil execs-----do you know how hard it is to make ends meet on a mere 4 billion dollar profit per quarter

I think we should start a petition to raise prices

I gotta go gargle now :wallbash:

Dan's not longer a MPP, he was not re-elected.

Buy stocks in oil companies...

HH

Would make good business sense---I'm not willing to sell my environmental soul at this moment though---I heard the tumours on the Athabasca river whitefish does fry up well though

Would make good business sense---I'm not willing to sell my environmental soul at this moment though---I heard the tumours on the Athabasca river whitefish does fry up well though

Three eyed Simpson's fish near where I live... Pickering Nuke Plant...

I agree with you, but I am but one man and have little influence on the ways of the world...

HH

I agree with you, but I am but one man and have little influence on the ways of the world...

HH

Agreed, a couple hundred voting shares has nearly zero influence on a company with a 1 billion share float.

You could always try to invest in oil companies with a decent enviro track records..like Cenovus or any other company using only SAGD to extract oil.

then again you have no idea who else holds their shares, it could be Suncor who owns 20% of Cenovus, which means they profit by "cleaner" energy, then take the profits and use it for their open pit operations.

wallbash.gifwallbash.gif that's why I like fishing...I just have to think about catching fish.

HH

I hear ya HH---maybe we should form a club---The PO'D Environmental Anglers Association

One of the good things about living in Yellowknife is the stable gas prices!!!

Unlike Ontario where they change if an oil exec farts they stay the same here and don't change for a year or more. We have been at $1.389 for over a year now (except for a temporary bump when the ferry had to shut down for a few days unexpectedly. The price went back to normal as soon as the ferry started up again). All gas stations in town charge the same price, there is never one that is lowere or higher than the others. Even when Ontario's prices went way up not too long ago ours remained the same and at one point we were paying less than those of you in Ontario. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The local station down the road from me has been $121.9 all week. Not real good but better than awhile ago.

I had to go down to Oshawa this morning and saw gas on the 115 for as much as $129.9.

It's amazing how 30 odd miles can make such a difference in prices but I'm sure the oil companies have an excuse for it.

Holy Jeez Wayne. That alot of fuel the Ferd is going to use to get a few sticks of wood op nort. :devil:

LOL Paul.. that'll give me about 7.5 hours in the plane and it cost $1.78/litre! As for the fuel mileage.. I converted a RAM1500 Hemi owner on Friday. Lent him my truck to go to Barrie while I worked on his airplane. He burnt 10.4 litres/100km average round trip in my truck. His Dodge hemi uses 18! He was considering taking it back to the Dodge dealer this week... as the fuel difference alone over the next year would cover any depreciation they'd take off his 3 month old truck! Mine rode better and quieter as well!

Edited by irishfield