first carp of season!

went out today to a local area i never tried before, was just trying to discover some nice spots, and boy i sure did, lol

IMG_1232.jpg

caught on sinker and corn

too bad i cant add it to tourny for i dont have the logo in the pic, brought the peice of paper too, but my landing spot was quite the distance away from my bag, where i stashed it, can it still count ? :thumbsup_anim:

Well done Urbanangler. Nice carp catch.

Those GTA carp are building up for a good feed - maybe I'll target carp next, though I'm also hoping the Crappie and Bluegill start to bite in Grenadier Pond soon!

What did it weigh?

Well done Urbanangler. Nice carp catch.

Those GTA carp are building up for a good feed - maybe I'll target carp next, though I'm also hoping the Crappie and Bluegill start to bite in Grenadier Pond soon!

What did it weigh?

i didnt have scale with me, but gotta be 10lbs at least

give them a try! their lotsa fun

Nice fish.

I caught my 1st carp of the season as well. A 27 inch 14.4 pounder. Was actually fishing for pike on Lake St. Clair & caught the carp on an X-rap. The carp had the belly hook in her mouth, which totally surprised me. I would have thought I would have snagged one before they would hit my lure. She put up a great fight. Pulled our 12 foot tinny & turned us 180 degrees.

moot_zib_016.jpg

The carp are stacked in the shallow, protected bays of Lake St. Clair right now. Get out there if you like catching carp. My buddy also caught one about the same size.

WTG Alex.but next time keep the tape measure and OFC sign in your pocket.With all the time you have to fish don't worry you'll have another one for your team soon.I would have to say the carp looks close to 10lbs unless you have small feet :whistling:

MTP :clapping:

yup, i put the logo in my pocket after hoping to catch another but just wasnt to be

size 9, but yea 10lbs probably

Nice one. Nautifish took me fishing for carp for the first time last month in Port Dover. I'm in Markham though. Anyone know where my son and I can go fishin for carp a little closer to home???

like golfisher said, all along the waterfront, look for ponds, little inlets, and bays, humber bay park is good start

Nice one. Nautifish took me fishing for carp for the first time last month in Port Dover. I'm in Markham though. Anyone know where my son and I can go fishin for carp a little closer to home???

If your in Markham try TooGood Pond. :thumbsup_anim: You'll run into some OFC'ers for sure,

dsn