Yamaha F90 mechanical question..?

I'm definately not an expert, but if it doesn't burn much oil, I wouldn't worry about it, it makes sense the lower cylinder might be bathing in oil a little more than the others, and hey, it's a Yamaha, they are typically reliable

Also not an expert but the lower cylindar(3) in my 97' 2 stroke 40 has the same issue. Always has and as I understand it always will, as stated above oil falls down to the bottom..I just clean my plug and drain the bowl every now and again...works just fine.

How much oil was on that plug ? It's normal for the bottom plug to be a little "wet" and having a bit of carbon compare to the other 3,

Like mentioned by others, keep an eye on oil level and NEVER over fill, in fact it is better to keep it slightly lower then the full mark on the dipstick.

Thanks for the feedback guys...And Brian, just talked to a very reputable dealer in Hamilton, he won't even sell them Verados cause...Well, he did say the newer ones aren't as bad as the older ones...Bet you a St.Croix LTM my Yammie lives longer?

for the op- if your seeing oil on a sparkplug threadds and the spark plug itself depending on the design of the engine it could be spark plug tube seals no biggie but havn't been under the cowl of a yam for several years if you fire a pic up of the spark plug area may get a better idea

How many times have you had to weld the the skid and replace the sliders on that yammie?

now now i replace sliders in my yammy about as often as you replace pistons and rings in the fireball. :whistling:

only welded my skid once in 13000 km of ditchbanging and trail riding not the strongest skid i know but rides nice