With all the bear posts lately...

Got a few of my own.

We ran into this big girl on our way back to the car. She and I ended up about 15 feet apart by the time we both got stopped. :w00t:

I really wish I had a better pic as she was on my side of the downed tree in the foreground. But I had one hand on my fishing rod and the other ready to draw my bear spray out of the holster if needed. Plus I couldn't remember if I had the camera set to flash fill and I really didn't feel like ticking off a 1000# grizzly that was only a bound and a half away from ripping me to shreds!!! We paced it out and the distance was 15 feet!!!! :w00t:

She was an awesome beast with a huge round head the size of a 55 gallon drum and the good thing is she completely ignored us and stood there for almost a minute before heading back into the bush. We followed as that was the way to the car!!! :o

Grizzlies are a different story at all ... nice pics man.

Miro

Drifter those are awesome pictures. I would love to see a Grizzly bear in the wild like that. Closest we came to a bear in the wild was doing a portage in Kilarney to Silver Peak I believe it was called and there was a cub on the trail. Once it took off we moved on.