Spinner Baits

mercman

i mean the "V" shaped spinners... as apposed to straight in line spinners...

theres loads of large musky ones on the market...

People seem to lose those big ones alot. I fished up 2 or 3 on the river here last year. Black and orange with black blades seem to be the easiest to lose.whistling.gif

Dont kid yourself Paul. He knows his stuff.

Heres another you shouldnt over look aswell.

Buzzbaits. Great for active smallies and largies.

buzzbaits01.jpg

Niceclapping.gif

I'm guessing you fish them the same way?They would be killer just at the surface.

It's pretty funny that musky on spinnerbaits was brought up today. I went shore fishing with my kids for the fourth day in a row, still casting that black/silver tandem pot belly, and I caught my fourth rainy river musky! Just a baby, but man o man was it a gorgeous colored fish. Only got 4 bass today, so that musky really made my day

It's pretty funny that musky on spinnerbaits was brought up today. I went shore fishing with my kids for the fourth day in a row, still casting that black/silver tandem pot belly, and I caught my fourth rainy river musky! Just a baby, but man o man was it a gorgeous colored fish. Only got 4 bass today, so that musky really made my day

That Musky is probably why you only caught 4 Basswhistling.gif

Anyone who's not using spinnerbaits (BIG) for musky is missing out on alot of very nice fish. I ALWAYS have a very large black/orange bait on one rod and it's ALWAYS the 1st bait I start tossing EVERY day and it's often the same bait I'm still throwing at the end of the day.

I couldn't begin to know how many muskies I've caught with them when nothing else in the boat would even get a sniff from a fish.

If your not using them, give em a try and you'll be very happy you did.

Anyone who's not using spinnerbaits (BIG) for musky is missing out on alot of very nice fish. I ALWAYS have a very large black/orange bait on one rod and it's ALWAYS the 1st bait I start tossing EVERY day and it's often the same bait I'm still throwing at the end of the day.

I couldn't begin to know how many muskies I've caught with them when nothing else in the boat would even get a sniff from a fish.

I have a few of them but have only used them a few times. Do you put a soft plastic on it too?

I have a few of them but have only used them a few times. Do you put a soft plastic on it too?

Yeah, I normally put 2 plastic worms on them and usually about 7" long for each of them. I swap out the bottom single for a 7/0 treble and add an orange worm then add another to the single hook on top.

This is an older pic but shows the difference in size compared to a bass bait.

Not sure where the bottom worm is in this picture but it looks like it's folded up under the bait.

001-1-1.jpg

I waiting for Lew to chime in. If you fish lakes with thick heavy slop [ie Kawarthas] I would think spinnerbaits would work great. They are relatively weedless, you can work em fast, work em slow... etc. I don't typically fish places with really heavy weeds or really shallow and prefer to use inlines but if/when I do they get the nod.

Yeah, I normally put 2 plastic worms on them and usually about 7" long for each of them. I swap out the bottom single for a 7/0 treble and add an orange worm then add another to the single hook on top.

This is an older pic but shows the difference in size compared to a bass bait.

Not sure where the bottom worm is in this picture but it looks like it's folded up under the bait.

001-1-1.jpg

That looks awesome, thanks! Definetely gotta give it a try more this year, especially with all the weeds in the waters I fish.

Spinnerbaits were the only lure to put pike in the boat yesterday! Boated 2 on tandem blade, 3/4oz with green/yellow skirts. Chartruse blades on one and silver on the other. My first fish of any species on spinnerbaits and I owe to this thread for making me throw them :)