Orillia perch festival

I was up there today, I caught a tagged perch!! first one in 6 years of trying. Myself and 2 buddies took home about 50 good sized jumbos.

Shawn

Where were you fishing, I was down by the trail around the narrows and heard someone say that they caught a tagged one, not looking for tips just wondering if that was you? Also do you have a picture of that perch just curious to see what the tag looks like so that I don't miss it.

Edited by Richmond Hill fisher

Good to see someone get a tag and some good sized ones.

Fisherman

Greetings !

we plan on going---big window of Yellow Perch Opportunity--feel free to PM me here---maybe we can meet before / after-- during-whatever works best for you

got to be a week-day for us

Yes, made a note:

small net a must for the fiesty ones

Thanks

ID1

Was up there the last 2 days with my son. We had to fish from shore as Im waiting for a part for my boat. Had to fish from the swing bridge.It was freakin cold with that north wind. Caught lots of small ones and no tagged perch. Have some entries in for that nice new Lund!!!

Congrats Shawn on the tagged perch.

Scooter

oh I saw you hanging around the railroad bridge. I'm in the Sylvan with the Pike stickers.

If you mean the white canoe that roped off at the bridge that wasn't me, were you the three tied off on the simcoe side of the railroad? I was on shore where the bridge used to connect, (the kid in the brown jacket and long hair). This weekend I'l be cruising around in a new yellow swift.

Edited by Richmond Hill fisher

I have always wanted to try my luck at this event , but don't know the area at all ...

is there a place to launch and park ?

is a 14 ft with a 9.9 too small to be out there with ?

The perch are everywhere! The narrows are generally calmer than the lake I've noticed, and it's also surrounded by marinas, on atherley st there is a public launch, just look for the cars. Secret bait..... Live shiners, shh don't let anyone know! :whistling:

I just got back from there ,4 days, 8 guys, no tags. We caught tons of Perch and all put back. Our other Buddy kept a few but all were wormy. I'm heading back in the morning for 3 more days. May see a few of you guys. I'm in a red 16' Princecraft 50 Honda tiller, OFC sticker on the back, say Hi. No fish on the Simcoe side. Most people fishing the boat houses catching lots. When we left, 6 tags have been caught.

Edited by Fish Farmer

I just got back from there ,4 days, 8 guys, no tags. We caught tons of Perch and all put back. Our other Buddy kept a few but all were wormy. I'm heading back in the morning for 3 more days. May see a few of you guys. I'm in a red 16' Princecraft 50 Honda tiller, OFC sticker on the back, say Hi. No fish on the Simcoe side. Most people fishing the boat houses catching lots. When we left, 6 tags have been caught.

Maybe we'll see you, I think we'll be hanging around the railroad for the most part, the boat slips on the orillia side of the narrows have been pretty good, along with the rest of the lake. We'll be in a bright yellow canoe, kid long hair.

I was there last weekend. Noted one out of all the 20 fish we kept between 6 of us was wormy. My cousin Easton caught the first tagged fish on Saturday Morning, tiny little fish it was at only about 5 inches long. Cold windy morning, we decided to dock and fish in the narrows.

Great family weekend with my Dad, Uncle, Cousin and a couple of friends even though it was freezing cold.

IMG-20120421-00308.jpg

Edited by Jen