Billionaire US Citizen blocking access to public lakes

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

we have different laws in canada aplumma and any naturally existing waterway is federally legislated and owned by the public. i don't care if you own what's around it, the citizens of canada own the lake. i feel no sympathy for one of the wealthiest men in the world.

if i had the money to buy up all the land surrounding a lake...then was given permission to stock this lake... and did so with my money... id be doing everything in my power to keep people off the lake...

this guy is living what a lot of us dream about... having your own lake to do whatever you want with...

and hes the bad guy for not making it accessible to the public?...even after the provincial government said the ranch has the right to put a gate and block access...

come on...

let him have his piece of paradise...

they're jealous. nothing more, nothing less.

Is a lake a waterway? From what I see and I admit to being ignorant on Canadian laws and regulations The government has the right to monitor and control the water and it's uses but I haven't found where it guarantees access to the public. This is only after a quick Google search and I am not trying to argue any of these points since people who argue using Google are lame in my opinion.

This has nothing to do with sympathy for the rich it is about what is the law....

Art

Aplumma , look up "CROWN LAND " , you will see we the people of Canada , own said land ... if you had enough money can you encircle any area and than call what falls inside your circle MINE !!! I hope not .. Bill gates , could of bought any state in your union .. who knows maybe his heirs will , where did you say your piece of the earth was , hope you have secured access , you never know someone can and maybe will buy that up by your standards , but Im sure you will not mind ,to the rich the spoils go .. all fair in love and ownership rights ??? OR maybe you missread the quote

"This is definitely an attempt to keep us the heck out of here and off a public road," angler Rick McGowan told CBC News. "They're trying to lock us out of half a million acres of Crown land and all the lakes and streams in there." .. DUDE HALF A MILLION ACREAS , NOT A POND IN SOME FARMERS FEILD !!!!!!

Edited by capt bruce

Where I grew up north of wasaga beach on the beach for 20 years The township of Tiny always owned 10' of shoreline,no matter what level Georgian Bay was at.

They still do... Friend of mine owns a cottage up that way.

Members of the Nicola Valley Fish and Game Club claim ranch managers are illegally blocking access to Minnie and Stoney lakes, by dumping tree logs on a roadway that is publicly owned.

Gee wonder what would happen if I did that?

But while they insist the road is public and their only access to a public lake, the provincial government disagrees and has told them the ranch can lock the gate, blocking access.

Oh hey Mr. Provincial lawmaker you ever wanted to fish on a stocked private lake? Kick the peasants out and your welcome here anytime. :sarcasm:

It gets worse. There are many wealthy people in the US doing exactly the same thing. Water is being touted as the "new oil".

They are buying huge parcels of land that contain large natural aquifers. Then they pump off the water and ship it world wide.

It's probably already happening here somewhere in Canada as well.

Money truly is, the root of all evil!

Money truly is, the root of all evil!

nope just a mere catalyst for a much bigger root of evil....im quit confident falling the trees across the road isnt the BIG MOVE in this process...If the anglers were clever they would remove the trees from the roads and send a bill to the township for maintenance...even if they didnt get paid it would open up access again and then have a fishing tournament to generate some cashflow for the up and comming legal represenmtation that they may require in the near future

An environmental lawyer could make big money in Canada by taking on and or chasing cases like this.

"Billionaire, you saywhistling.gif "

And lose his shirt if he's not on the billionaire's side. Again he wouldn't have the financial resources to fight the rich. Justice is not served in this country only the wealthy are served.

And lose his shirt if he's not on the billionaire's side. Again he wouldn't have the financial resources to fight the rich. Justice is not served in this country only the wealthy are served.

That's the beauty of it, Lawyers already make tons of money.Infact lawyers probably own most of the private lakes in Canada. haha.

Dr. Sal, Get your Canadian Bar Status!

Aplumma , look up "CROWN LAND " , you will see we the people of Canada , own said land ... if you had enough money can you encircle any area and than call what falls inside your circle MINE !!! I hope not .. Bill gates , could of bought any state in your union .. who knows maybe his heirs will , where did you say your piece of the earth was , hope you have secured access , you never know someone can and maybe will buy that up by your standards , but Im sure you will not mind ,to the rich the spoils go .. all fair in love and ownership rights ??? OR maybe you missread the quote

"This is definitely an attempt to keep us the heck out of here and off a public road," angler Rick McGowan told CBC News. "They're trying to lock us out of half a million acres of Crown land and all the lakes and streams in there." .. DUDE HALF A MILLION ACREAS , NOT A POND IN SOME FARMERS FEILD !!!!!!

In the U.S.A. we own our land outright and I think it's the same in the Great White North.....so Bill Gates or Bill Petz or Bill Murray can't buy any state down here unless EVERYONE is willing to sell their land to them.....I would think it's the same in the Great White North...

Now that quote is worth the same as my post here.....nothing.....as we all know the press somehow doesn't get all the facts right and when they do, they don't report all the correct facts.....

MANY not all but MANY here are always ready to hang the first guy they read about here.....I would never want any of you guys on a jury if I was standing trail because you would have me sent up the "river" without a paddle after the opening statement from the prosecutor....and I can't swim...LOL

Over the years the white bucket crowd is guilty and so is the guy catching a couple bass out of season or the guy who took a picture of a out of season musky....god forbid if it's a steelhead. And let's not forget our fellow anglers who got stuck on the ice...and now they are being accused of stealing vest even though there is no proof so far....

Relax guys....we are ALL in this together...and sometimes it a hard world to live in....so let's only punish those who are really hurting us...after they had their day in court...not the ones that the LIBERAL media wants linched for headlines.

As long as I'm doing the speed limit I'm NOT breaking the law...can you say the same.... :whistling:

It's been pointed out to you before, you are not abiding by the highway traffic act if you are not in the lane farthest to the right that is available. But don't worry, almost everyone else does it as well.

In the U.S.A. we own our land outright and I think it's the same in the Great White North.....so Bill Gates or Bill Petz or Bill Murray can't buy any state down here unless EVERYONE is willing to sell their land to them.....I would think it's the same in the Great White North...

Now that quote is worth the same as my post here.....nothing.....as we all know the press somehow doesn't get all the facts right and when they do, they don't report all the correct facts.....

MANY not all but MANY here are always ready to hang the first guy they read about here.....I would never want any of you guys on a jury if I was standing trail because you would have me sent up the "river" without a paddle after the opening statement from the prosecutor....and I can't swim...LOL

Over the years the white bucket crowd is guilty and so is the guy catching a couple bass out of season or the guy who took a picture of a out of season musky....god forbid if it's a steelhead. And let's not forget our fellow anglers who got stuck on the ice...and now they are being accused of stealing vest even though there is no proof so far....

Relax guys....we are ALL in this together...and sometimes it a hard world to live in....so let's only punish those who are really hurting us...after they had their day in court...not the ones that the LIBERAL media wants linched for headlines.

It is not the same here. That is the point.

I would never want any of you guys on a jury if I was standing trail because you would have me sent up the "river" without a paddle after the opening statement from the prosecutor....and I can't swim...LOL

We'd probably send you down the river.

It's been pointed out to you before, you are not abiding by the highway traffic act if you are not in the lane farthest to the right that is available. But don't worry, almost everyone else does it as well.

I believe you are incorrect......if I'm doing the speed limit where does it say I have to be in the far right lane so you can speed and drive recklessly because you didn't get up in time to get to work... :dunno: ..PLEASE post this highway act not only for me but anyone else that drive responsibly in Ontario....if I'm wrong, I ride the curb if that makes you feel better....but if you're wrong and speeding is not allowed and lane jumping is not allowed....well then you must vow to drive the speed limit for 1 year.... :whistling: