WARNING PLEASE READ

flippin

SAD very SAD to have to tell all you guys this but i must!!!!!! The winds opened up the ice from snake island to just east of jp. waves 4ft or better. No sign of the piled up ice either. Where it went I have no clue. Some1 will find or post where it is on a board. With the warm temps comin in next week an south winds we may just might be in the boats real soon. Sorry to tell tell ya but better me telling you guys now before the long drive up here. flip

Thanks for sharing.

I was thinking all day about how many huts on cooks bay are no longer there.

Not a good day to be out anywhere on that ice.To many veribles.That wind could cause the ice to wave,thus breaking away at any point.

I bet a lot of that 3in ice out in Kemp is also no longer around..

Yup your right Bill it is all gone. The only ice is from the 4th line of Oro west to Barrie. Believe it or not there were 4 guys fishing within 200 to 300 feet of the water past the 4th. Talked to a CO that was going to check them when they came in and he said the ice was about 2-3" of pretty crappy ice.

Rob C

Drove by the river this morning, somone must have built a damm down there somewhere, it's come up a lot.

LOL Erich.

Now that the mrs,s is driving to Alliston for work,I now have an extra pair of eyes. Yes you would be correct.Lots of ice and slush again.

I was off the 4th on Sunday for abit.

Tons of guys. Few sleds and quads. Crazy crazy people on sleds.

I measured 1" of black, with 3" of frozen slush.

Figured I'd sit on it for a while cuz I was marking fish. Decided to head in. Spud my way back. Old bud went thru with one poke more than once. Scary out there.

One of those things I guess :wallbash: You see a few groups of guys way out there, and a well beat down walking path going directly towards them. You set up near the group, and then realize you're in a very un-safe spot. Walking back, you get more then 10' of the walking trail, and your in deep trouble.. Ice was crackin under my feet. My foot went thru once.

Never again.

I was off the 4th on Sunday for abit.

Tons of guys. Few sleds and quads. Crazy crazy people on sleds.

I measured 1" of black, with 3" of frozen slush.

Figured I'd sit on it for a while cuz I was marking fish. Decided to head in. Spud my way back. Old bud went thru with one poke more than once. Scary out there.

One of those things I guess wallbash.gif You see a few groups of guys way out there, and a well beat down walking path going directly towards them. You set up near the group, and then realize you're in a very un-safe spot. Walking back, you get more then 10' of the walking trail, and your in deep trouble.. Ice was crackin under my feet. My foot went thru once.

Never again.

I GUESS IT'S A GOOD TIME TO WEAR THE MUSTANG...THEY ARE GOOD FOR WHEN THEY ARE LOOKING FOR YOUR BODY...YOU CAN SEE THE ORANGE REALLY GOOD UP IN THE AIR.

I GUESS IT'S A GOOD TIME TO WEAR THE MUSTANG...THEY ARE GOOD FOR WHEN THEY ARE LOOKING FOR YOUR BODY...YOU CAN SEE THE ORANGE REALLY GOOD UP IN THE AIR.

Mine's a Salus, and it's bright yellow!

I was cautioning some guys on shore before they went out. One guy says, "Isn't that a floater suit, what have you got to worry about". I told him it's the $1000 worth of gear in my sleigh that I'm woried about.

My wife would kill me if all my gear sunk to the bottom.