Trout Season

huntervasili

Well we have 11 days till opener... Cant wait to hit the creeks with the new fly rod... Where is everyone gonna be fishing... I know I will be on the Grand for sure and most likely Whitemans Creek in Paris... Cant wait to pull out some little guys from those waters... Anyone else fishing the grand on opener? Good Luck to whoevers fishing anything...

CPR

Catch Photo Release is all I do for them trout, letem live to be caught another year

Bill

I USUALLY DONT BOTHER WITH OPENER(CROWDS AND THE SLAUGHTER REALLY TURNS ME OFF IT).

BUT I BELIEVE GOOD OLD VERNO HAS SOME PRIVATE LAND SO I MAY DROP A LINE OR 2 LOL

I KNOW OPENER IS A BIG DEAL FOR MOST (CAUSE WE ALL DONT GOT THE THE OPPS I GET TO FISH ) BUT LETS PUT A FEW BACK AND CLEAN UP OUR MESSES!!!

Edited by CANADIAN_COPPER

Ive been fishing 2 creeks on private property for about 15yrs and always have a blast where i fish most of the big bows have already finished there business but there is always several to be had and lots of small trout 10-20inches and browns that are residents so i never take any of those and in the past few years the browns seem to be getiing bigger i like to think its because of catch & release.. :w00t: .so im looking forward to a great day of trouting as usual...then on the sunday i will prob hit the kawarthas for some crappie action....cant wait ....cheers and good-luck :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Once again the time comes and it,s like christmas day to some. Back when I was hot and heavy into the rainbow opener,I would book the day before off and get all my row made up,yarn flies nicely trimed and make sure everything was in great working order. Reels full of new 8 pound mono,clear back then. Make up some sandwiches and enough water for the days outing. I use to fish the credit,all the well known spots back then. Streetsville was the hot spot,next was Eldorado Park. I even found a piece of farm land that I never seen a soul for 3 years til one day ,I came down the path to find a couple of guys with thier laterns and cooler. Oh was I ticked that day. Not even a foot step I seen there in the years I fished there.

Any ways,I found that the weeks after opening were the best. All the, got to get there and got to catch a bow guys,had had thier fill and the spots I fished were very open and the fish where plentiful.

You guys that put up with the shoulder to shoulder opening days will Im sure, come to realize the same as I and CC. Let the opening hounds have thier day,the next few weeks will be much more relaxing and enjoyable.

I have not fished an opener in many years. I cant stand the shoulder to shoulder guys up here and like I said,WHATS THE RUSH.

For you trouters that will be out there,have a great time and remember,it,s a fish,no need getting upset because some guy/gal dosent pull in thier line when you YELL FISH ON.

:Gonefishing:

It's my first spring in this part of ontario, and first year steelheading so I've never seen the shoulder to shoulder opener before......not to excited about it though! I imagine it's alot like the mouth of the credit when the salmon start moving in, in the fall.... This past weekend I fished the credit from about 5:30 a.m. until 7:30 I was alone....took a walk downstream for a couple hours, came back to the "hole" that I was fishing earlier and almost fell on my butt when I saw at least 10 people fishing the same drift......buuuuummmeeeeerrrrrr

Good luck to all,

UF

Ill be fishing a VERY well known trib, and I wont see a sole all day. Thats because theres a section with no road access for 4 km in either direction, and I hike right into the middle every opener.

Its great!

Bly and I will be out there somewhere...I was shown a great spot this past weekend that no one knows about. He's seen maybe 2 or 3 other guys fishing this spot on trout opener. Cant wait! They are calling for temps near 20c....that'll be awesome!

Anyone fished the Oshawa creek for these? I am thinking of giving it a Try but more in the North End anyone know if they reach that high? I know I have seen some dead by this park we used to take the kids to but I have never seen anyone fish there before.