NHL trade deadline/ TML

muskymatt

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Saying Kessel and Lupul aren't top line players is a horrible argument that you cannot win.

I believe Lupul is a hell of a hockey player and would be a 2nd line player on a championship team. phil kessel is a floater. if you want a floater on your top line be my guest!

in the playoffs in the first year of a rebuild. we're happy. quit being jealous.

factor in that we have mika zibanejad, mark stone, shane prince, and matt puempel etc. in the pipes and it's not hard to be excited as a sens fan.

Rebuild,great catch phrase,unfortunately every year is a rebuild. As far as jealousy goes why would I be jealous of a sports team,strange.

Factor in that the team you choose to rant about has a farm team currently at the bottom of their division while the Marlies sit stop of theirs.Funny how the Leafs have nothing in their system yet two senator scouts were at the last three Marlie home games before the trade deadline.

here's a fact. we're in the playoffs right now, you're not. good luck ignoring that fact.

And that would mean a lot if the playoffs were now and not two months from now. :rolleyes:

Right now it means absolutly BUPKISS!!!! :tease: :tease: :tease:

Heck, by next week the two teams could reverse positions. :ninja:

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Wow, you know your team in n trouble when The Seniority himself, Spezza is your top penalty killer. rofl. Does he change into goalie pads to block shots? Or does he just cherry pick outside the blue line waiting for a puck dump? Might also explain the senioritas 2.97 goals against average. At least the Leafs PK has been getting much better since the horrible begining to the season they had. In fact I believe they have one of the top PK% since the allstar break.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Factor in that the team you choose to rant about has a farm team currently at the bottom of their division while the Marlies sit stop of theirs.Funny how the Leafs have nothing in their system yet two senator scouts were at the last three Marlie home games before the trade deadline.

not to burst your bubble, but the bingo team won the calder cup last year, and now that roster makes up half our squad.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Sweet, if we don't make it to the playoffs, I'll get to watch the Senoritas choke like always!!! Fantastic entertainment!

people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones... you have to make the playoffs to choke in them. such a circular argument.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Heck, by next week the two teams could reverse positions. :ninja:

and if that happens all of you can come back and tell my how wrong i am!

for now, i'm going to laugh at how you're in the same mediocre rut you were in since 2005. keep buying that merchandise though!

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones... you have to make the playoffs to choke in them. such a circular argument.

Why would you want Toronto to make the playoffs? Aren't you 0 for 4 against them in post season play?

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Why would you want Toronto to make the playoffs? Aren't you 0 for 4 against them in post season play?

i want them to make it so that the sens can knock them out. it will give leaf fans one less dated accomplishment to cling to amidst their constant failure. now if only habs fans would stop reminding us how many cups they've won... i'd also love it if leaf fans would stop blaming kerry fraser for "costing" them a cup.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

i want them to make it so that the sens can knock them out. it will give leaf fans one less dated accomplishment to cling to amidst their constant failure. now if only habs fans would stop reminding us how many cups they've won...

Well if history has anything to do with it, the Sens will make it 0 for 5 :)

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

we get it. you think we choke because of 4 playoff losses when jean chretien was prime minister.

i'll just continue thinking making the playoffs for the better part of 15 years means we are a competitive team with good management and that the leafs not making the playoffs since the lockout is a sign of bad management. and brian burke isn't a manager, he's a sheep herder.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Yep, The Ottawa Senators are the Buffalo Bills of hockey!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

the bills choking happened in the early 90's (just like the leafs) and they've barely made the playoffs and been in decline since (just like the leafs)...they are the only nfl team to not make the playoffs in the 21st century... reminds me of the leafs! are you sure you wanna draw that comparison?

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Happy with Burkes (lack of) deadline deals, didnt need to blow anything up nor Nash, wouldn't have been the answer

While i do hope the leafs make the playoffs, i still dont see it happening.

If we can play like we were early in the year we will certainly have a good shot, but there are just so many teams still with a shot in the east.

It wont be easy

I have two favorite teams, the Leafs and whoever is playing the Sens. With that said the Sens have "rebuilt" in one year and will be in the playoffs this year with a decent seeding. I am always concerned when any management in pro sports can't hold a civil press conference treating every question like the party that's asking it is an idiot. Community relations is part of the job in show business after all.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

:) I enjoy the ribbing from the Sens fans, I hope you guys enjoy it just as much. Like I mentioned before, I hope the cup comes back to Canada, regardless of who's town it's in!

it's as much a part of the game as hitting, fighting, and drinking cold ones on saturday night! heaven help which ever team has to face the ribbing when one of our teams finally wins a cup and actually has something worth chirping about.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus