Do walleye loose their teeth

Spouph

For the most part I have been doing well for eye's this hard water season, but the last two weeks I have had eye's on camera eyeballing my minnow but not taking. It is frustrating, so I drove all across the lake to find anyone that was still in their huts fishing to find out their all having the same slow down which is normal. However one guy said that the walleye are losing their teeth. He seemed dead serious so I did not call shananigins just smile and said really. I have never heard of walleye dropping their teeth, so I wondeer if there is any truth to it. It would explain the slowdown, on every walleye lake that I have fished. I have always believed the slow down to be from a lack of oxygen because of the weeds decomposing, which happens on scugogg and low light conditions from snow pack, but not from the tooth ferry. let me know what you think

usually happens while they are learning to walk.... :unsure:

Hahaha!! :worthy::clapping:

Although the quoted post was hilarious and I ALMOST spit beer on my laptop, I am so gullible and would have probably believed that walleye are losing their teeth until I got home to google questions like crazy.

I got thinking that mabey there is somthing to this after all. What about a softening or shedding like a snake, not actually loosing thier teeth but a period when the teeth are growing, mabey those eye's have a sore mouth. It seems far fetched because their mouth are so tough. But the timing is right to have growth after a month of active feeding. That old french man sure got me thinking. Help me get to the bottom of this if anybody knows any one who could answer this. If you catch an eye check the mouth ot pretty good wiggle one of the teeth and see if it says ouch. lol.

This is the time of year when walleye's mouths are very sensitive. That's why I pre-chew my bait a bit before putting on a hook. The best are a good saltie. Just a few good chomps are all ya need to properly tenderize your bait. Now, don't try to use a blender as its very hard to get on a hook. Catch a goby, just a few chomps will turn it from a round head to a mush-head goby. Leeches are the best to pre-chew as they are much tougher in consistency. However, just hate it when my wife says to me "Is that licorice in your teeth or are ya just happy to see me". whistling.gif

Unbelievable it worked, I pre chewed my bait and son of a gun the walleye were taking it. Actually I just used dew worms on a jig and slowed it down and got mid day deep eye's to bite. Funny though I did check out their mouths. Surprisingly no cavities.

Unbelievable it worked, I pre chewed my bait and son of a gun the walleye were taking it. Actually I just used dew worms on a jig and slowed it down and got mid day deep eye's to bite. Funny though I did check out their mouths. Surprisingly no cavities.

Now that's funny.

One question though. How did ya pre chew them dew worms with just the one tooth? rofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gif