Need fast reel advice

bucktail

Looking at a Gracia 6500 or a 7000i on ebay. Both close soon.

Which would you get to put on a MH 8" muskie rod???

Fishing double 10's and swimbaits.................... os should I put a cruado 300 on it?

Edited by bucktail

I've gone thru 2 Abu 6500 C3s. They last about 2 seasons then need major lubrication or they squeel when you cast.

Bought a Revo Toro 2 yrs ago. Seems to be holding up much better. But cost twice as much. Feels better in the hand.

I might as well send the C3s to Aikmans in Mississauga. I think about $20 each for service.

I have a 300 and if you decide to go this way PM me and you can have at at a great price,. I had the same thoughts and now am a huge revo toro winch fan, would not recommend anything else. I have a 300, 300 ej and winch. The later i will keep but would refer you to a winch. the best deal i have seen and used is jacksons lures good guys and 50 worth of lures in return for a good price.

The big 7000 series Abu's are good for cranking hard pulling baits like Double 10's and larger, burning baits fast and taking up line quick for jerk baits.

I've never tried the 7000i Darren but I use a 7000 for the above applications and it works very well although their not the smoothest reels around, but for the money their good.

Their big reels with a large power handle but don't take much to getting used to and you'll be happy you bought it.

Double 10s and larger are a hard pulling bait requiring a low gear ratio of 4-4.5:1. A big reel like the 7000i makes up for that with a really big spool so it gets them back to the boat pretty quick. The 6500 or the Curado 300 are great for smaller baits but for the big stuff, I like my 7000, like Lew said, it's not the smoothest but it gets the job done efficiently.

for swimbaits the curado 300 is propably the reel to get

for bucktails the 7000.

you won't burn dbl 10s with either, although the 7000 has the torque to pull the blades better than the curado.