Another new Sail

pikehunter

I believe it's being built as we speak across the street from tiger direct...

works out perfect...

drop wife off at costco, then go to Sail... then go and pick her up at costco...

she's happy, you're happy, and you've just saved a lot of gas by not driving to vaughn for bass pro or the sail store there...

wife easily spends 1 hr at costco, which is enough to get your fishing fix in and everyone wins :)

works out perfect...

drop wife off at costco, then go to Sail... then go and pick her up at costco...

she's happy, you're happy, and you've just saved a lot of gas by not driving to vaughn for bass pro or the sail store there...

wife easily spends 1 hr at costco, which is enough to get your fishing fix in and everyone wins :)

Well you'd better like clothing, Goran. Oh and call before you go to make sure they're not closed for one of their random inventory/audit days.

works out perfect...

Brave man, my misses alone in Costco is a serious threat to my "bank account" security. Especially when I leave her to hit a sports store. :)

I don't know I have never been either but if I recall right they just over hire and then drop people like nothing. I believe it was Stoty that made a post about it happening to him and others chimmed in on there store not being that great.

Yup, that was me, I was laid off from the Oshawa store.

Beautiful stores, but I was victim to the retail industry.

Edited by Stoty

Another knife in the back of the local small business :wallbash:

How many 'local small' fishing stores are there in Oakville/Burlington? None

The nearest fishing store is either Missisauga or Stoney Creek unless you count Grindstone in Waterdown and I doubt Sail will have any effect on them. You could argue that the positioning is better than the other two GTA stores (the other side of the highway from Gagnons and Bass Pro).

Burns tackle on plains rd in burlington (if he's still operating). If Sail's going into the Ikea, that's (literally) a long cast away from Burns Tackle.

Edited by Raf

I didn't even know they were there! I even Googled "Fishing Store Burlington, ON" to check I wasn't missing anything and didn't get anything closer than Fishing World. If it's going into IKEA or near TigerDirect that's still pretty close!

Another knife in the back of the local small business :wallbash:

Your'e exactly correct Dave.

Yep Burns has been there on Plains Rd. for quite awhile, but as shown on the map, Sail is going to be near Tiger Direct and Costco, not in Ikea's current location. There is a somewhat large building under construction on the Service Rd. right now.

Well you'd better like clothing, Goran. Oh and call before you go to make sure they're not closed for one of their random inventory/audit days.

Being my size, i doubt anything will fit anyways...

i'm spending less and less every year on gear/equipment i find

Being my size, i doubt anything will fit anyways...

i'm spending less and less every year on gear/equipment i find

And if the price of gas doesn't start going down, I'll be doing my fishing here on the PC. :wallbash: I can only fish maybe once a week now, :wallbash: when I used to fish just about every day. :(

I don't buy much tackle any more Buck, but when I do, I support my local guy :good: