Leaf February predictions

jedimaster

49 members have voted

1. 1. February Leafs Poll

• In The Playoffs
    • Out of the Playoffs

They definately have to rid of schenn. Way too many mistakes, awful to watch at times

But yet he's one of the more solid defenseman on the team, he's still young and learning and plays quite well.

U wanna see mistakes, watch phaneuf, liles and grabovski. More giveaways then the rest of the team, missed defensive assignments and 2 games in a row now grabovski's screw ups have led to late tying goals and ultimately cost them a win last nite.

and 2 games in a row now grabovski's screw ups have led to late tying goals and ultimately cost them a win last nite.

Yet he scored two of the four goals, and, assisted on one other.

I'd say it was a "team effort" all the way, in those last ten minutes, no sense in pointing fingers, whether it be Schenn, Phaneuf or whoever.

Hell of a game last night, penguins have been a force and continued to be one last night...

The leafs played great most of the game, cant blame them for running into a hot team, if it wasnt for fluerys play and the blown goalie interference call, this would have been a leaf blow out....

They are now sitting in 8th, thats better then 9th people...

Id do the JVR for schenn trade in hearbeat, if JVR was playing top line minutes he would have 20 goals by now, that guy is gunna be a star...

I voted no, as much as I would like to see it happen... They don't have the goal tending, Gustavson always looks nervous.... Reimer was the man until they gave Gustavson the reins, Reimer got back from injury he lost a couple games and they have stuck with the Monster pretty much the whole time..... bad move IMO

I voted no, as much as I would like to see it happen... They don't have the goal tending, Gustavson always looks nervous.... Reimer was the man until they gave Gustavson the reins, Reimer got back from injury he lost a couple games and they have stuck with the Monster pretty much the whole time..... bad move IMO

The monster has been playing unreal for two months...Once Reimer shows he deserves the job back it will be his...

Better watch that slopes sens fans... its slippery, as a leafs fan I know it all too well.

Last nights game was pretty dissapointing, but if someone asked me at the begining would I take 1 point against the pens, I would say yes in a heartbeat. It is dissapointing the way they lost but what can you do. The pens are a better team. I think one of the bright spots was Gustavson pretty much playing save for save against fleury.

You could argue that the goal dissalowed by Lupal in the first should have been the game winner but there is no excuse for the lack of defensive play in the third period. When you are up 3 goals with 10 minutes left the game should be yours. I agree with the others who said that if the leafs make the playoffs it will be a quick exit. That type of play won't fly in the post season.

The monster has been playing unreal for two months...Once Reimer shows he deserves the job back it will be his...

Playing unreal... hardly, if he was unreal he wouldn't be letting weak goals in... If anything he is getting crap lucky with the stops he does make, so you voted they will make the playoffs? I guess we'll wait and see

Yet he scored two of the four goals, and, assisted on one other.

I'd say it was a "team effort" all the way, in those last ten minutes, no sense in pointing fingers, whether it be Schenn, Phaneuf or whoever.

Sure he put up some points, but when ur costing ur team goals and wins, who cares when or how often u score. His first goal was all the work of his linemates, and phaneuf getting the puck and putting it on his stick for an easy tap in, 2nd goal was nice, picked the corner on a great shot, and the assit was all thanks to kulemin forcing the turnover, allowing grabovski to make an easy pass to macarthur.

So yea, he put up 3 points, but hardly from his own effort. And again, his selfishness to try for the hat trick, cost his team the win.

And fleury played a hell of a game, only reason pittsburg won it. Gustavson played well too, but his miscue on the puck cost them the 3rd goal.

Edited by uglyfish

Sure he put up some points, but when ur costing ur team goals and wins, who cares when or how often u score. His first goal was all the work of his linemates, and phaneuf getting the puck and putting it on his stick for an easy tap in, 2nd goal was nice, picked the corner on a great shot, and the assit was all thanks to kulemin forcing the turnover, allowing grabovski to make an easy pass to macarthur.

So yea, he put up 3 points, but hardly from his own effort. And again, his selfishness to try for the hat trick, cost his team the win.

And fleury played a hell of a game, only reason pittsburg won it. Gustavson played well too, but his miscue on the puck cost them the 3rd goal.

Hopefully a full 60 minute effort tonight, and, a better result. They did play well for about 45 minutes. Really exposed Pittsburgh's defensive flaws with speed.

Hopefully a full 60 minute effort tonight, and, a better result. They did play well for about 45 minutes. Really exposed Pittsburgh's defensive flaws with speed.

Yes they did. And they're staying outta penatly trouble. First time since the 50's or so, they went a whole month without allowing a PP goal. But speed and puck movement are key for the leafs, also using their size on the forecheck to bully their opponents.

It pains me to say this, but I have to vote out of the playoffs.... based on current personel and their collective performance.

They seem to know how to lose, but just don't know how to win... and I predict that Wilson will be gone in April, regardless of his one year extension. It was a no brainer for Burke to add the extra year to Wilson's contract... can't have a lame duck coach on a team fighting for a play off position... and the money involved in Wilson's contract is peanuts, to this oprganization.

HH

Just my opinion...

The Leafs are outplaying the vast majority of teams they are playing. In almost every game, they are playing great. It's the small mistakes that they can't seem to overcome. And it seems like any mistake, the opposing team capitalizes almost every time.

Grabovski is playing a great overall game, unlike prior seasons where he seems to have three switches. 1)for scoring 2)for turning the puck over 3)for seeming to not care about the team/team mates in the locker room. Now though, he seems to have that overall game going for him and appears to not hinder the locker room.

I see two major flaws with this team. The first is goal tending. And this is why they lose almost every close game, or even games like last night. The monster is a decent second string goaltender, at this point, nothing more. And Reimer isn't healthy, even when he plays, he's constantly fighting the puck. That never works, might make for one hell of a game one night, but you'll almost never get consistency with that type of play (exceptions being Brodeur and Thomas).

The second flaw is Schenn. He hopefully has an upside as he matures, but at this point, he seems to have modeled his game to be great at turnovers and poor positional play. If you really watch him closely, even outside of those turnovers(that probably wouldn't be so bad with good goal tending), he's always out of position and being VERY soft on the puck. Watch his turnovers, he is flat out soft on the puck. He can't shoot either, so what exactly does he give the Leafs??? A possibility at becoming decent at hockey?

Lupul looks great, as does Kessel. They have many scoring chances everynight. Kadri is gonna be scary as he gains a little more experience. He's looking like a man out there lately too. And he's strong on the puck, and battling in corners. And you can see at least 2-3 times per night, he has tons of skill. Do not trade Kadri, pretty please...

The rest of the role players are playing well and contributing. Some are also exciting to watch. I loved when Brown was moving forward and stepped into that check in the corner. BOOM! Brown is a beast on the ice, and gives everything he's got, everynight.

I think the future is looking bright. Just need maybe two or three good moves for solid players, and the Leafs will be a high ranked playoff team in no time.

And as far as last night, well, Malkin... Nough said. Guy is super natural and a born winner. He literally willed that win. Thats what SUPERSTARS can do.

A few bad bounces, sure. But Malkin won that game, with a tad bit of help from Fleury, lol

Edited by manitoubass2

save for a true #1 center (of which there are 0 available) and/or thinking they won't be able to resign a UFA, I don't believe the leafs should make any moves.

This team is young, growing and getting better and better. We've waited how many years for a playoff appearance? We can wait another if it doesn't happen (though I believe the current cast can make the last seed) Don't sacrifice the future to make some run.

Edited by Raf

Leafs 4-2 tonight with an empty net goal.

That is bold. I called a split so I am going to say this one goes the distance and the leafs win in ot tonight 4-3

I am a bit worried about Reimer starting tonight though, he has been off for some time now.

...you mean when he passed off on a 2 on 0??? :dunno: