Giving Back to Community

shoemaker

Hi OFC Gang,

I have read many posts and visited this superb site often but never really participated in any discussions.

Hows this for diving in....just wondering if there would be any interest in printing up some t-shirts and sold to those that would be obliged to buy them on this forum and 100% of the proceeds after net costs will go to some type of charity. I would print them for free, someone can come up with the design/artwork, and another can do the administration of collecting the monies. I have some down time and wanted to give something back to the community. There was a post on the homeless and I did some work for The Good Shepperd and this kinda put the thought in my head, of course it can be any charity.

I know there are alot of ppl out there hurting and just wanted to see if there were any interest in pooling some ideas and do what we can. What i had in mind is if the net cost of the t-shirt is $3, we can silk screen a OFC (with proper permission) or other designs and sell it for $10, the $7 can go to 1 or more charity of choice.

This is just a thought, any comments or feedback welcomed.

Shoemaker

Great idea I personally would like the proceeds to go back into the Fisheries maybe some School Hatcheries or one of the many Fish Hatcheries that are in the Province, last year our Team #7 The Rod Benders bought shirt when we won the OFC Tournament with team logo on the front & 2010 Champs-OFC Team#7 The Rod Benders More Inches Per Rod on the back, lots of comments this past year & I'm still wearing my 2

Thanx & Tight Lines SBK thumbsup_anim.gif Oh Ya Welcome to the Board

Hi OFC Gang,

I have read many posts and visited this superb site often but never really participated in any discussions.

Hows this for diving in....just wondering if there would be any interest in printing up some t-shirts and sold to those that would be obliged to buy them on this forum and 100% of the proceeds after net costs will go to some type of charity. I would print them for free, someone can come up with the design/artwork, and another can do the administration of collecting the monies. I have some down time and wanted to give something back to the community. There was a post on the homeless and I did some work for The Good Shepperd and this kinda put the thought in my head, of course it can be any charity.

I know there are alot of ppl out there hurting and just wanted to see if there were any interest in pooling some ideas and do what we can. What i had in mind is if the net cost of the t-shirt is $3, we can silk screen a OFC (with proper permission) or other designs and sell it for $10, the $7 can go to 1 or more charity of choice.

This is just a thought, any comments or feedback welcomed.

Shoemaker

Edited by spinnerbaitking

If anyone have any experience with these type of things please step up, I am terrible at admin stuff. I think this is a great site and from reading the comments/discussions in this forum on various topics, there are alot of good ppl here that cares not just for fishing but the community also. I hope this does not fizzles away, I have contacted the admins and hope we can make this happen.

thanks

Top notch idea. I'd purchase one for sure.

We don't use the Ontario Sport Fishing Logo on this site and swag from that site seems to have all but disappeared and the Logo at the top left of this page is a bit...well...underwhelming, so I don't know what we would use as a logo.

If we came up with some art, I agree with Nipfisher that it should be kept simple. Maybe ask Bushart to come up with something using "Ontario Fishing Community"???

I'd help with Admin, but I think it would be easier for someone in Barrie or Toronto, or somebody nearby you, Shoemaker.

Hell yeah I'll take a shirt! I like nipfisher's idea of keeping it simple, maybe just a fish (which ever species you so chose) with OFC printed below/above/beside it. I also do like the idea of putting some of the money back into the fisheries, gotta put some back to replace the ones taken.

One suggestion before you make all the shirts have people pay for there orders to which ever long standing member is holding the cash that way they are paid for and your not sitting there with 200 shirts and no one buying them. This will also give you a correct number to make and not be left with to many extras this has happened in the past to many times.

Great idea for sure I also like the idea of helping out some hatchery or school project that is in direct relation for our fishing future.

Maybe gather a few popular Charity selections and then put them in a poll?

So far we have....

Fishing for Tyler.

A specified hatchery program.

The Good Sheppard.

etc..

Same can be done with two or three T-shirt design ideas.

Once these are decided, we could pick a "Fund Collector" and begin taking orders. Like Mike just said, collect the orders and money for a couple weeks or a month, then print the shirts..maybe make an extra 10 for stragglers.

I'd probably buy two or three...they'd make for great prizes at next year's Nip G2G.

I would take a couple for sure. There are lots of charities but I also agree with the hatchery program. There are plenty of charities for good sheppard and thing along those lines and things like heart and stroke but not many for the fish hatcheries and we are all on here because we love fishing.

Some good ideas on keeping it basic and simple. Good points on the prepaid orders, otherwise i would have to peddle these from boat to boat.

I have attached an image just for viewing, still awaiting word from admin if we can do this or not. We can use this or a bass or any logo...its wide open. In terms of collecting money i fully support someone that has been a member here for a long time to take over this part. One thing to note is the shipping/delivery of the shirts...to save money maybe hookup at Tims or at a few central local to disperse the shirts.

As charity goes, I suggest we select only one unless there is a sizeable amount that can be divided up. OFC can have the donation receipt...not sure how the tax thing works.

Good to see the support.

Fishing T Samples.jpg

Shoe,I am willing to collect for this area from here. Not wanting to collect from people south of here due to the logistics of getting shirts / money etc.

I am sure I can collect an order for 10-15 shirts from North Bay, Sturgeon Falls, and Sudbury areas.

Some one from down south want to partner with this?

Shoe,I am willing to collect for this area from here. Not wanting to collect from people south of here due to the logistics of getting shirts / money etc.

I am sure I can collect an order for 10-15 shirts from North Bay, Sturgeon Falls, and Sudbury areas.

Some one from down south want to partner with this?

Nip i can do the same for the Barrie area .

I agree that a fish hatchery, or fishing related charity would make the most sense for us... what do you think Shoe? This is your initiative after all.

Anybody have specific hatcheries or programs or events that they could suggest to put into a poll?

Oh, have the admins given their blessing??

I agree that a fish hatchery, or fishing related charity would make the most sense for us... what do you think Shoe? This is your initiative after all.

Anybody have specific hatcheries or programs or events that they could suggest to put into a poll?

Oh, have the admins given their blessing??

I am good with a hatchery program....you guys decide which one.

I sent a message to the admins yesterday and have not heard back yet, i'll send another. Those that volunteered to help out...thanks for your help. Lets wait and see what the admins says before we move forward.

I am good with a hatchery program....you guys decide which one.

I sent a message to the admins yesterday and have not heard back yet, i'll send another. Those that volunteered to help out...thanks for your help. Lets wait and see what the admins says before we move forward.

Give them time to get back to you.

Also think of the risks involved on their end before thinking too far ahead