Speckle, Perch & Rainbow Hunt - Report

Leecher

Just got back from another outing... spent the day with my good friend Paul :) The plan was to target a couple of lakes, one for specks early morning and the other, late afternoon for rainbows :)

Was another cold one today... when I woke up, it was -22C and no wind... Perfect :) so we left at 7h00am, pit stop to Tims and the way we go :)

First lake we got into minnow size speckles, about a dozen between the two of us and that was about it... hour and a half was the time we spent trying to entice the bigger ones but alas... they just did not want to play :(

So we packed up and headed further north... This lake is new to me but Paul had fished it before and knew the hot spots B) So we proceeded to setup close to shore and see if the trout were active.... nada :o So Paul suggested that we move towards the middle to tease perch.

Well upon arriving at our new spot, Paul drilled a few holes (around ten) He got setup and immediately got to work... The guy is a fishing machine :o He got perch right, left and centre jigging a 1/8oz buckshot... I got mine jigging a Macho Minnow tip with a 1" Gulp minnow B) Double headers happen often and was lot's of fun :) We iced around 40 of them between the two of us and kept a few big ones for the pan B)

Here's a couple of slabs

DSC07464.jpg

Later in the afternoon, around 3h00pm, Paul suggested we move closer to shore and try for some rainbows... not a minute goes by upon arriving and getting setup to our new spot and get a huge hit on my dead stick :o

To my surprise, this was no perch :) hand bomb this beauty chrome on ice :D 15" long by 9" girth B)

DSC07462.jpg

Paul started drilling more holes after that but ran out of gas in the auger :w00t: So says to me "I'll bring the auger to the car and return" So while he's gone, I proceeded to wait for him and jig.

A good 5 minutes went by before I see Paul walking back and this is when I get a huge strike, set the hook hard and the reel started burning :w00t: This fish was peeling line like a freight train :blink: and was trying to get it up the hole but didn't want any of it :lol:

After an awesome battle, was able to land my new PB... a 20" long by 10" girth chrome B)

Here's the pic of my beauty :)

DSC07466.jpg

All in all it was a fun time out on the hard stuff!!!

Bait of choice was: 1/8oz Buckshot, 1/4oz Macho Minnow tip with 1" Gulp minnow, dew worms on dead stick

Thanks again Paul for an awesome time B)

Until next time

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

Some beautiful rainbows. and, perch, Jacques!! Well done. All in all a pretty darn good weekend of fishing for you, bud!!!

Thanks Frankie!!! It sure was a great one B) Hope it continues :)

as mentionned in your previouse report.

TROUT FRIGN' MASTER!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy::worthy:

what did you catch it on. dont tell me a saltie ill have to go buy some! :ninja::ninja:

Thanks Kev!!! No salties this time... I ran out :blink: Northland 1/4oz Macho Minnow tip with a 1" Gulp minnow :angel::):D

Awesome Jacques. That's what I tried to catch last week, with no success.

Great catch! Very jealous.

Thanks Chad!!! Don't be... was my first time trying too :) Keep trying... some are bound to come out to play B)

Beautiful fish! Inland rainbows are one fish that have certainly eluded me.

Thank Joey!!!

Good stuff jaques!

24/7...google northland tackle....search for macho minnow.Its pretty much a mr champ with the northland holographic images on it. i use them a lot for walleyes, and they work great. I get whities on them as well.

S.

congrats on your pb nice looking steel

Thanks Corvy!!!

jaques whats a macho minnow take a picture please and show me!

Kev, here's the one I have... I tip it with 1" Gulp minnow

Macho-Minnow-25-Super-Glo-RainbowLG.png

Awesome report Jacques. You are killing me with all these awesome hard water reports. Keep them coming. I look forward to seeing more.

Thanks Chris!!! Next Saturday, a couple more lakes to target B)

Good stuff jaques!

24/7...google northland tackle....search for macho minnow.Its pretty much a mr champ with the northland holographic images on it. i use them a lot for walleyes, and they work great. I get whities on them as well.

S.

Thanks Shane!!! They certainly do work great :)

Leechy...babes...your killing me here man...KILLING ME!

Dude....what the hell...again?

:thumbsup_anim::clapping::thumbsup_anim::clapping::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Yep :whistling::lol: Thanks Simon!!! Having a great season so far B)

Beauty Bows Leech! Caught my first thru the ice this year and what a blast they are on the hardstuff.

Great report!

Thanks Jet!!! The big one gave me a :worthy: fight that I'll never forget!!!

Just think Jacques.......this weekend you'll have a choice between Brown trout or Walleye :canadian: :canadian: :canadian:

Or we could go BIRDING for Snowy Owls :whistling::clapping:

Ohhh I like them choices Paul... let's get'r done :thumbsup_anim:

Beauty of an outing!!! Nice work thumbsup_anim.gif

Thanks Johnny!!!

Google Northland Fishing Tackle. Great jigging spoon, caught my PB Quinte Ice walleye on one.

Frankie, it's an amazing lure :thumbsup_anim: It's my favourite one now :)