Looking for the old style JIGAWOPPER

misfish

You know the banana shaped jig. For some reason I can find their new style,but it,s not what I want. I cant even find it on thier site. It,s like 2 inches long and banana shaped.

If anyone knows where to buy or of a mold out there,I would be thankful.

B.

Edited by Misfish

Is it the rocker minnow?

They stopped making them about 3 years ago. I bought out the last 10 or so from Zellers here in North Bay.

Ya 5.99 a peice. NOT

rck-12a.jpg

I had a guy years ago make them for me and I painted them myself.

Edited by Misfish

This is what came to mind when I read JIGAWOPPER:

DSCF1126.jpg

The white one is a knock-off. The other three are genuine and no, you may not have them.

They haven't been made for about ten years.

I have 3 brand new ones. Blue, pink, and chartruse. I have another blue one that is still in the package. I hae one of the bent ones too. I thought it was a crippled herring?

I have 3 brand new ones. Blue, pink, and chartruse. I have another blue one that is still in the package. I hae one of the bent ones too. I thought it was a crippled herring?

They are all bent. I put the one on end to show the profile.

They have JIGAWOPPER imprinted on them.

They are all bent. I put the one on end to show the profile.

They have JIGAWOPPER imprinted on them.

O.K. the rocker minnows I have are bent slightly but I didn't think that much. I'll have to check the "bent" one I have. I don't think it says jig-a-wopper on it.

Ya 5.99 a peice. NOT

rck-12a.jpg

I had a guy years ago make them for me and I painted them myself.

Those are popular here...

I'll check the local shop... I'm 99% sure they have them

Might be knock offs... Not sure...but they are banana jigs just like in your picture... With a single through hook..

I think they will ship em too

Any specific colors your looking for?

Those are popular here...

I'll check the local shop... I'm 99% sure they have them

Might be knock offs... Not sure...but they are banana jigs just like in your picture... With a single through hook..

I think they will ship em too

Any specific colors your looking for?

Mike you could check with Gib , he has'nt left yet to come up , he would be happy to bring them up and i could drop them off to Brian..... just a thought if that worked for every one .

This is what came to mind when I read JIGAWOPPER:

DSCF1126.jpg

The white one is a knock-off. The other three are genuine and no, you may not have them.

They haven't been made for about ten years.

Awesome spoon Rob, it's my favourite jigging spoon hands down. I still have a handful left, all well used.

I was also looking for Jig-A-Woppers but have had no luck. The kind I'm looking for are in the photo below.

20111205JigAWopper002.jpg

20111205JigAWopper003.jpg

That would be the Hawger spoon I believe. I have a bunch and still use them regularly and they catch fish too. :) Sorry I think you'll be fortunate to find a source for these spoons.

Brian those banana shaped jigs are pretty common. I actually think I do have some made by jig a whopper and some other brands as well.

Exactly what sizes do you want? I never use these anymore, whatever I've got you can have.

Exactly what sizes do you want? I never use these anymore, whatever I've got you can have.

Thanks Mike

Roughly about an inch and a half.

Hands down,they are my favorite ice jig for walleye.

Was going through the online cataloge and found a mold,but it dosent say what size they are,just the weight. Going to give them a call later today.

I was also looking for Jig-A-Woppers but have had no luck. The kind I'm looking for are in the photo below.

20111205JigAWopper002.jpg

20111205JigAWopper003.jpg

I have been looking for this spoon also. Tromblys has them in perch size but I want one in trout / whitie size. I had one years ago and got my first decent laker on it but it seemd to have walked away somewhere.

I stumble across those Hawger spoons every so often at various tackle shops and even TSC. Never seen a good selection though.

Came across these Jig-a-Whopper lures recently. They did not come with hooks.

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3176.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

Edited by FishLogic