Keswick & Holland Landing Crappie Report

jdmls

Got out this morning for day break, headed out to the bottom of Cooks to a local park (if you fish crappie on simcoe you know this park !!) . One after another of some decent size perch, but few crappie were being caught. Only managed two myself. Most guys were getting the odd one but nothing to get excided over yet. Seems as if the big run has not come in yet. Should be in with the next warm spell. Here's some pictures of the park in Keswick along with a few pics of the fury of boats in Holland Landing

Choice of the day was berkley power bait mini tubes which scared of the smaller fish only hooking the better sized ones, and of course tiny pin head minnows if you really want non stop action !!

LOL at the few die hearts who tried launching the boats and heading into the bay. It only took tops half an hour before they were back in the park fishing the canal de-frosting from the cold !!

crappie5.jpg

crappie4.jpg

crappie3.jpg

crappie2.jpg

april15crappie.jpg

Thanks for report and pics JD.

I guess for some, the idea of getting the gear out and casting for the first time this year outweighs putting up with the weather and lack of big fish.

yep...I can relate to these folks.

RB

Thanks for the report. I was there on Friday and managed half a dozen crappie, but all were 5 inchers, 100 perch and 3 sunfish. Better than nothihng, still have some time to wait for them to come in I think.

5 inchers and you kept them? Gosh! I turn a blind eye on anything that is less than 8 inches on crappies. Such small ones should be released.

i don't know, but maybe it's just me. last year, i tried the small canals for the first time, and only manage a few each outing, small...like what was said above, 5-6 inches. I throw them back. do the big ones ever come in? i will be trying it out tomorrow morning.