what is up with the new licences

Spouph

I don't wear my PA license on my hat (or any other part of me) it stays nice and snug in my wader compartment.. Imagine if NY made you wear the license on the outside? It would probably dissolve and go blank within 10 mins. :rofl2:

1) you're required in PA to wear your fishing license on your hat.

2) we are are required in NYS to wear our Hunting License on our backs while hunting...and I have EVERY hunting license since I was issued one in 1970 and none have dissolved, ESPECIALLY the new DECAL licenses....maybe your chewing on yours.... :tease:

Learn the laws...then make fun of them..... :rofl2::devil:

Bob..... :)

Who's making fun of the laws? I'm laughing at the fact that NYS hasn't figured out how to make licenses that can't stand up to being in the front pocket of a pair of waders for less then 12 months.

BTW, if you actually fished PA, you'd realize the CO's aren't to worried when people don't wear their licenses on their hats.. (And yes, I am very well aware what's required)

Edited by BillM

Who's making fun of the laws? I'm laughing at the fact that NYS hasn't figured out how to make licenses that can't stand up to being in the front pocket of a pair of waders for less then 12 months.

BTW, if you actually fished PA, you'd realize the CO's aren't to worried when people don't wear their licenses on their hats.. (And yes, I am very well aware what's required)

I was....oh wait, I was actually making fun of you....LOL

And I hunted and fished PA for years....but now our deer hunting and fishing is so much better in NYS so why would I purchase their license... :dunno:

If you like hunting 90lb white tails, NYS is the place to go! LOL!!!!

My dad used to hunt NY all the time until he moved up north. Nothing big, but man you've got some numbers over there. Great place to get your confidence.

i'm trying to call the outdoor card center at 1800-387-7011 and it's been busy for 30 minutes rolleyes.gif I have no idea how/why they charged 51.77 for a one-year sport license. I should call my CC company and tell them to reverse the charges... then carry on with my Temp license whcih says it expires in Dec 2012.

Make sure Rod,It is obviously a mistake:wallbash:

If you like hunting 90lb white tails, NYS is the place to go! LOL!!!!

My dad used to hunt NY all the time until he moved up north. Nothing big, but man you've got some numbers over there. Great place to get your confidence.

OMG....you couldn't be more wrong....we have MUCH larger bucks here in NYS then PA...that's why in PA they introduced the minimum points required on a buck....first time I hunted PA (1975) my partner took a 7 point buck that weighed 145 lbs dress out(average size here)...it was the largest buck in the camp ground where we stayed....then we went into Coudersport that evening (beer drinking) and all the bucks hanging in town were also smaller....the next day I banged on a average PA buck (5 pointer) that didn't weigh quite 100 lbs...our NYS does all go over that.....maybe your dad was bring home fawns that he shot... :dunno:

Bill, you need to get up to date on this things....

Got to go...we'll talk later....you have a lot to learn about NYS

Bob

OMG....you couldn't be more wrong....we have MUCH larger bucks here in NYS then PA...that's why in PA they introduced the minimum points required on a buck....first time I hunted PA (1975) my partner took a 7 point buck that weighed 145 lbs dress out(average size here)...it was the largest buck in the camp ground where we stayed....then we went into Coudersport that evening (beer drinking) and all the bucks hanging in town were also smaller....the next day I banged on a average PA buck (5 pointer) that didn't weigh quite 100 lbs...our NYS does all go over that.....maybe your dad was bring home fawns that he shot... :dunno:

Bill, you need to get up to date on this things....

Got to go...we'll talk later....you have a lot to learn about NYS

Bob

You're reading comprehension needs some work.

I didn't say anything about PA vs NYS deer. I said before my oldman moved up north, he hunted NYS quite a bit. Compared to Ontario deer, NYS deer are small, but they make up for it in numbers.

i'm trying to call the outdoor card center at 1800-387-7011 and it's been busy for 30 minutes rolleyes.gif I have no idea how/why they charged 51.77 for a one-year sport license. I should call my CC company and tell them to reverse the charges... then carry on with my Temp license whcih says it expires in Dec 2012.

Apparently I bought a "canadian" sport license, not an Ontario sport license. They said I chose the wrong options online. ... yet my mailing and billing address were both Ontario based and updated at the time of purchase. How can it be otherwise??? Of course it's my fault, as the MNR's system is flawless. rolleyes.gif

Well, no big deal, I can reapply for my sport license in a couple days and they will mail me a $51.77 sometime in the next two months hahahaha.

As a licence issuer I recieved the new LAS equipment in december and have been lucky so far that i am not having many issues. there are minor things that pop up frequently but i have been able to figure out a way to work around almost all of our issues myself or with the help of another local issuer. is this system a pain in the butt? yup. it takes longer to get through a licence than the paper copies did, and we make the same pennies for issuing that we did before.

The oh so fun postal code error the machines are prone to getting, there is a work around for that in certain situations, another local issuer found it and it seems to be working just fine. i wont go into it here, but if there are any licence issuers here that are having that problem feel free to message me (or call the number in my signature) and i will let you know.

one of the biggest pains in the butt is that if we need assistance issuing a licence we need to call the same 800 number half of ontario is calling (the outdoors card centre) as they handle ALL software and licence issues (huge pain when there is a customer waiting for a licence to go fishing the same day and we have to wait 40min to get through). for hardware issues we need to call the company in Tennessee that supplied the hardware. The reason that was explained to me for choosing a US based company for the hardware is there are only 3 companies in North America that supply this type of equipment, they are ALL based out of the US. the company that supplied our hardware also has the equipment in place and operational in 30 states through out the US. the bulk of the problems is software related (supplied by the MNR i believe) The MNR are trying to make a push toward a more streamlined system like that being used in many states throughout the US.

when you get a fishing licence for 2012 you will receive a yellow tag, its is separate from the outdoors card, yes you have to carry it with you when fishing and yes you are still required to carry your outdoors card. For those that both hunt and fish, good luck as you will have a tag for each licence you buy.

since the members here seem to spread throughout canada and parts of the US and also because i happen to have some info here i will also list fees for some of the licences. (as big game licences and fees arent available yet)

Ontario Resident

Outdoors Card (new, renewal and duplicate) - $9.68

Sport Fishing Licence 1 day - $12.67

Sport Fishing Licence 1 year - $27.76

Sport Fishing Licence 3 year - $83.39

Conservation Fishing Licence 1 year - $15.90

Conservation Fishing Licence 3 year - $47.70

Small Game Licence 1 year - $23.46

Small Game Licence 3 year - $70.38

Spring Turkey Licence/Game Seal - $27.49

Canadian Resident (outside of Ontario)

Sport Fishing Licence 1 year - $51.77

Sport Fishing Licence 3 year - $155.30

Conservation Fishing Licence 1 year - $31.00

Conservation Fishing Licence 3 year - $92.99

Small Game Licence 1 year - $112.46

Small Game Licence 3 year - $337.37

Non Canadian Resident

Sport Fishing Licence 1 day - $21.31

Sport Fishing Licence 8 day - $50.15

Sport Fishing Licence 1 year - $78.18

Sport Fishing Licence 3 year - $234.55

Conservation Fishing Licence 8 day - $28.84

Conservation Fishing Licence 1 year - $48.26

Conservation Fishing Licence 3 year - $144.79

Duplicate Licence Fee is $10.50 (this is separate from the outdoors card duplicate)

Edited by DaveMc

There should of been a back up plan. Like,a piece of paper to fill out. How hard could that be to think of. It,s a joke.

Hey Bill,yer right. I have seen trucks come up here with about 10 or so.You could make 1 an a 1/2 out of them for the ones we have here. :whistling:

There should of been a back up plan. Like,a piece of paper to fill out. How hard could that be to think of. It,s a joke.

you are 100% correct, there should have been a backup plan, but we are talking about the government right?

you are 100% correct, there should have been a backup plan, but we are talking about the government right?

Oh there was a back up plan.Contact service ontario. Ya like Im going to drive around looking for one open after 4 pm.

Thanks for taking the time for posting Dave. Nice to hear from a person on the other side.

As a licence issuer I recieved the new LAS equipment in december and have been lucky so far that i am not having many issues. there are minor things that pop up frequently but i have been able to figure out a way to work around almost all of our issues myself or with the help of another local issuer. is this system a pain in the butt? yup. it takes longer to get through a licence than the paper copies did, and we make the same pennies for issuing that we did before.

The oh so fun postal code error the machines are prone to getting, there is a work around for that in certain situations, another local issuer found it and it seems to be working just fine. i wont go into it here, but if there are any licence issuers here that are having that problem feel free to message me (or call the number in my signature) and i will let you know.

one of the biggest pains in the butt is that if we need assistance issuing a licence we need to call the same 800 number half of ontario is calling (the outdoors card centre) as they handle ALL software and licence issues (huge pain when there is a customer waiting for a licence to go fishing the same day and we have to wait 40min to get through). for hardware issues we need to call the company in Tennessee that supplied the hardware. The reason that was explained to me for choosing a US based company for the hardware is there are only 3 companies in North America that supply this type of equipment, they are ALL based out of the US. the company that supplied our hardware also has the equipment in place and operational in 30 states through out the US. the bulk of the problems is software related (supplied by the MNR i believe) The MNR are trying to make a push toward a more streamlined system like that being used in many states throughout the US.

when you get a fishing licence for 2012 you will receive a yellow tag, its is separate from the outdoors card, yes you have to carry it with you when fishing and yes you are still required to carry your outdoors card. For those that both hunt and fish, good luck as you will have a tag for each licence you buy.

since the members here seem to spread throughout canada and parts of the US and also because i happen to have some info here i will also list fees for some of the licences. (as big game licences and fees arent available yet)

Ontario Resident

Sport Fishing Licence 1 year - $27.76

Sport Fishing Licence 3 year - $83.39

Conservation Fishing Licence 1 year - $15.90

Conservation Fishing Licence 3 year - $47.70

Small Game Licence 1 year - $23.46

Small Game Licence 3 year - $70.38

Canadian Resident (outside of Ontario)

Sport Fishing Licence 1 year - $51.77

Sport Fishing Licence 3 year - $155.30

Conservation Fishing Licence 1 year - $31.00

Conservation Fishing Licence 3 year - $92.99

Non Canadian Resident

Sport Fishing Licence 1 day - $21.31

Sport Fishing Licence 8 day - $50.15

Sport Fishing Licence 1 year - $78.18

Sport Fishing Licence 3 year - $234.55

Conservation Fishing Licence 8 day - $28.84

Conservation Fishing Licence 1 year - $48.26

Conservation Fishing Licence 3 year - $144.79

Duplicate Licence Fee is $10.50 (this is separate from the outdoors card duplicate)

great info....thanks.... I got my renewal in 5 minutes today at c tire.The associate said the problem they were having was with postal codes being input incorrectly from MNR.Every time it happens he has to call Alabama,Freakin Alabama !! The database is in the states. Better than China I guess.Anyhow , my CTC is aware of the government mess and had me in and out in 10 with a call to the southern states.

The problem is with incorrect postal codes. Hope this helps.

What bothers me more than any thing isn't soo much the system to get those bugs will get worked out. I am in construction, I have to carry on me around 10 card that enable me to work, now cards to fish it is just a cash grab. We already have a great card system goind our drivers licence with the magnetic strip. Why can;t we just combined our boating fishing driving health etc, one one simple card if service ontario does it all why do have to deal with a george castanza sized wallet. I'm just going to say it, this new system just plain sucks.

great info....thanks.... I got my renewal in 5 minutes today at c tire.The associate said the problem they were having was with postal codes being input incorrectly from MNR.Every time it happens he has to call Alabama,Freakin Alabama !! The database is in the states. Better than China I guess.Anyhow , my CTC is aware of the government mess and had me in and out in 10 with a call to the southern states.

The problem is with incorrect postal codes. Hope this helps.

no the problem with the postal codes has to do with not having the outdoorscard number we have found (nothing to do with the postal code at all).

The company that provided the equipment is from Tennessee, and they do not maintain any of the MNR databases, they only provide tech support for the equipment, the Outdoors Card Centre here in Canada maintains the Licence Database. Anything to do with licencing issues go through the outdoorscard centre (made many calls into tech support, they will not handle anything to do with the licencing side)

What bothers me more than any thing isn't soo much the system to get those bugs will get worked out. I am in construction, I have to carry on me around 10 card that enable me to work, now cards to fish it is just a cash grab. We already have a great card system goind our drivers licence with the magnetic strip. Why can;t we just combined our boating fishing driving health etc, one one simple card if service ontario does it all why do have to deal with a george castanza sized wallet. I'm just going to say it, this new system just plain sucks.

Thats how it is done in Michigan, and how i figured we were going to do it as well (considering this company supplied Michigan's equipment) but i guess not.