why isn't anyone fishing these lakes

Spouph

It just seems weird, I just recently moved from southern ontario, into the sudbury district. I have been fishing since the middle of december, and catching fish, not lots but a few everytime. I limited out walleye small but still a limit. I have yet to see another person fishing any of the lakes that I am on. I am used to fishing simcoe and erie, awsome fisheries, however packed with people. Am I missing somthing, are there better lakes in the region that I don't know about, or does not too many people fish in the area. If your from around sudbury, could you let me know.

Edited by Spouph

Mainly because it's closed til January 1st.

yea I thougt that however the tackle shops in tis area say only browns closed for this region.... but I think I should double check three places said the same thing as I bought minnows. fishy

yea I thougt that however the tackle shops in tis area say only browns closed for this region.... but I think I should double check three places said the same thing as I bought minnows. fishy

I was pulling your leg to get your thread out of "Announcements". You should check though...have you not got a copy of the regulations? Google it to be sure.

If Sudbury is anything like North Bay when it comes to fishing,which it probably is... then it's probably because of this years' warm weather or because people typically place their ice shacks on accessible lakes, near each other.

we have many good or better lakes than Nipissing that rarely see ice fisherman. Like Paul said, enjoy paradisesmile.gif

upon further review of the regulations, I ment to say pike instead of walleye, none the less it certanly does clear up the issue on the one lake but the two other lakes were for splake and still no one. thanks for the clarification on the regs, I fear bad karma this season now. Those were the tastiest pike I have ever had.....ops

We have the same situation here, there are so many lakes in the district that many of them never see fishermen. Elliot Lake has decent fishing for pike, bass and lake trout but a busy summer Sunday only sees 8 or 10 boats on the lake, only about half of them fishing. It also has a good FREE launch ramp. I love it.

upon further review of the regulations, I ment to say pike instead of walleye, none the less it certanly does clear up the issue on the one lake but the two other lakes were for splake and still no one. thanks for the clarification on the regs, I fear bad karma this season now. Those were the tastiest pike I have ever had.....ops

since walleye are open where you were fishing, i'm assuming you took 6 walleye instead of the 4 that you're supposed to or kept walleye over the size limit?

i don't think it's wise to post poaching on the internet. this is why you're suppose to check the regs BEFORE you head out fishing. :wallbash: