Hip wader repair help!

mikeseb

Hey yall,

Ive come across a slight problem with the bottom of my rubber boots on my chest waders. Its seems the rubber has split open and is allowing quite a bit of water through. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows of a good fix. Even a temporary fix will do as I am only going to need them untill the 31st and i am going to upgrade this winter. What do you guys think?? Ive been thinking of trying shoe goo?

Thanks

Mike

IMG00102-20111228-2032.jpg

IMG00103-20111228-2032.jpg

Hey yall,

Ive come across a slight problem with the bottom of my rubber boots on my chest waders. Its seems the rubber has split open and is allowing quite a bit of water through. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows of a good fix. Even a temporary fix will do as I am only going to need them untill the 31st and i am going to upgrade this winter. What do you guys think?? Ive been thinking of trying shoe goo?

Thanks

Mike

I was gonna suggest the same thing. I would try to pry em a bit and put it in between the cracks then slather on the outside up to an inch to each side of the crack.

Had an issue with mine but mine was minor compared to yours so hope this helps.

By the looks of that boot I would be investing in your new pair right away. The boot cracked where it did because its a high flex area and it plain just wore out. Putting shoe glue in the crack may seal it but more than likely your first encounter with the river will end up break the seal especially walking on rocks and stepping up on boulders and climbing up embankments.

By the looks of that boot I would be investing in your new pair right away. The boot cracked where it did because its a high flex area and it plain just wore out. Putting shoe glue in the crack may seal it but more than likely your first encounter with the river will end up break the seal especially walking on rocks and stepping up on boulders and climbing up embankments.

Yea these waders were pretty cheap and have been used quite a bit in the last 5 years but this is the first problem Ive had with them. Im defiantly going to be upgrading some point this winter and am thinking about going with the hiking boot style but have noticed there almost double in price. Are they really worth it?

Thanks,

Mike

You got your moneys worth out of those waders Mike.

I'm with Bill on this one. They are definitely worth the extra bit of money...

Good quality Lepage's PL Premium glue will do the job. A couple of years ago, my uncle used that stuff for rubber boots that had split above the foot and he still uses those boots.

Hey Oakvillebassguy,

First off, I think you should change your name to Oakvilletroutguy. My buddy has a brand new pair of 5mm Springbrook neo-prene waders for sale. Very warm waders that will last a lifetime if taken care of. Send me a p.m. if interested. Good luck with the temp fix.

Hey Oakvillebassguy,

First off, I think you should change your name to Oakvilletroutguy. My buddy has a brand new pair of 5mm Springbrook neo-prene waders for sale. Very warm waders that will last a lifetime if taken care of. Send me a p.m. if interested. Good luck with the temp fix.

Thanks for the advice lol. I actually just picked up a new pair. I went out today and that boot completely fell apart and ended my day very quickly.

Hey Oakvillebassguy,

Hey brother,what size?

Neos are so warm and fuzzy this time of year.LOL