Heres a Little good news to do with ice forming north of Toronto

Skipper D

Any smart bass comments to this thread wont be appreciated , But for those who would like to know , i am only to happy to share my discovery . Early yesterday 50 to 60 kilometers north of Toronto we has a pretty good little snow storm that lasted to the wee hour of this morning that left as much as 8'' on the ground north of hwy 400 & 11 ... What's it means , its the largest snow fall so far this winter and with the amount of snow received it should help to bring the water temperatures down and help hurry along the ice forming process . I feel for all you guys who are patiently waiting and hope this bit helps . Now wish for cold nights . good.gif

Hey Skipper, what's this "kilometer" you speak of.... :devil: ....and how many days does it take to travel 50-60 of them.... :rofl2:

Sounds like safe ice is just around the corner depending how many kilometers the corner is from you... :)

edited to change the typo word of "is" to "ice".....I don't want to be confused with President Clinton who asked the congressional committee what the meaning of "is" is... :rofl2:

Edited by Billy Bob

as stated snow is bad news for ice making

cold weather , no wind is great news for ice making

Yea ,the snow makes no sence in the matter of the water getting cold.The river is cold,I know ,as I stood in it yesterday,frigg,n cold,but no ice. Like said,no wind and cold temps will make the ice form. The fog has been off for a week or so,the lake is ready.

BRING THE COLD NO WIND TEMPS.

Hey Billy bob, what is this "safe is" you speak of?

Why don't you spell check your post before you make fun of others spelling.

I dont see fun makingdunno.gif Bob and Skip are friends. Bob is in NY, so he deals in miles, not kilometers.

Now you get it?whistling.gif

Trucks , trailer , hills and snow , fun hu ......... We live in some hilly country where i am so i know what you mean .Any how there old boy , i have to get out the door here and take care of a couple of new customers , you have your self a good one , keep your asshat.gif out of trouble ok.............. lol

Edited by Skipper " D "

No ice here....not even close as of today.....and boat is in storage, but I gave up late boat season a while back when I had the "indecent" towing my rig up a hill with about 1" of snow on the road.... :wallbash:

...maybe you need some better tires on that Tundra...

...maybe you need some better tires on that Tundra...

Tundra has great tires.....just ask the Bridgestone man and he'll tell you why they cost over $800.00 for set of 4..... :wallbash:

However, this was my Ford E-150 Van that only made it half way up the hill before the whole rig decided to slide down backwards in the dark on a winding hill....only through my expertise driving skills (luck) that I was able to gain control of this frightful event with just minimal damage to my boat and trailer (right tail light broken and very small ding where the transom and starboard gunnel fasten) when we came to rest against the guard rail.... :w00t:

But I didn't give up because I was still young and dumb....we pushed on to Chautauqua Lake by going around the big stupid hill (add about 30 miles to the trip) where found some ice at the boat launch....but again this didn't stop us.....broke through the ice with my trusty Grumman like a friggin USA Coast Guard Icebreaker only to find out my steering was frozen up on the boat.....like a good little Redneck a quick solution was found by pouring lake water onto the frozen area.... ;)

We then motored up the lake about 7 miles to my favorite December hot spot where we knocked the nuts off them their walleyes.... :thumbsup_anim:...(think limit times 3)... :good:

At least on the way home the sun burned off the snow off the roads so I didn't have to drive home the long way...

Was it worth.....back then I would have said yes....today I would say I must have been nuts to go through all that for a fish.... :)...and that's why my trusty Grumman is in hibernation until sometime in March... :)

Edited by Billy Bob