Little Lake(Barrie) ice?

Sebastian

Ya, took an other peek this morning, doesn't look good yet. Looks more like end of the season crumbly sugar ice with water patches on top. It's pretty bad when this place doesn't have anyone out there fishing by Boxing day.

Yeah, little lake is usually loaded with fishermen at this time itching to get out on some ice! We had our hut on about 6" or more by this time last year on Little Lake. The 14 day looks a bit depressing still...

I was on Little Lake last week....Dec. 29th. Walked out from Duckworth popping holes as I went....small group of guys pulled up as I was heading out....they joined me....we were definitely the first ones to go out based on any tracks.

Must have encouraged someone to get a bit crazy because a snowmobile took a quick zip out from the trailer park....never went far though and headed back in.

After all that rain, then snow....I've no clue what it's currently like

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen the lake in a week or 2, but I did go past the marina in Barrie today and it no longer looked safe, a good portion of the marina had opened up. Super cold the next couple of days should really help

Things should lock up after this weekend and hopefully it stays that way....worthy.gif

Things should lock up after this weekend and hopefully it stays that way

I think you're right. Its really cold for the next day or 2, get a bit above zero for a day or 2, then back to really cold again by Wednesday. I bet even Kemp. Bay freezes over the next day or 2 unless the wind is really howling

I will say yes,it is safe now. We were out there last weekend and the ice was 4-5 inches. I was surprised (with the weather we been having). The bite is hot from dark til sun up. After that,grab a cold one and chat with each other. The lake is not like it use to be.

Bill,I,ll be on the riv around nineish. Give the sun time to hit my shore, to keep me warm.LOL

Grips,I didnt get a fish til after 11,so whats the rush. :rofl2:

Edited by Misfish