Underwater Camera

coreyhkh

I have a cabelas camera I got on sale for 89.99...

Fun toy... Found a stump I didn't know was under my shack

Used it 2-3 times... Pretty hard to spin the camera in 20 FOW to show you lures...

The days I used it it took a long time to set up... I could see really far in clear water... But the camera spooks fish... I had a couple perch around... Pulled the camera out of the water... Then the vexilar lit up with fish... Started pounding perch... Dropped the camera back down... Vex went blank...

In the end it's a fun toy if you get a deal... But in retrospect I'd spent the $$$ on other gear...

I looked at the Fish TV. Looks very light/junkie.

My Accu View 7-8 years old now, would'nt sell it.

Use it for ice perch, usually put camera on bottom facing my bait. You will quickly realize our rods are not that good. Perch after perch will be chewing on your bait and feel nothing.

You can get the camera set up side by side with your electronics in your boat and very quickly master your electronics.

There's another one out now, the Aqua Vu Micro, the camera is about the diameter of a .25c piece, the monitor about the size of a pack of cigarettes and the 50' cable winds up on the back of the pack. No more having to drag something around the size of a milk crate.

I LOVE the camera - but if you don't have a flasher/show-down or other sonar - spend your money there. A sonar is a far more useful tool.

You can learn a lot with a camera (it's not just a toy), but it def. can spook fish - esp. in clear water (but not always). It seems to me that fish will be shy of the camera or not, in the same way that sometimes you can catch them easily, and sometimes they're tight-lipped.

I owned a FishTV and returned it quick. I'm not familiar with Vexilar cams, but they're probably good. AquaVu and Marcum are the other two brands you'll want to look at. I'd recommend something that displays direction, depth and temp. Consider cord length for the depth where you'll be fishing. Especially, I prefer IR to white LED's. I'm more concerned about white visible light spooking fishing (but I've had glowing eyes swim right in on my presentations illuminated by this light).

Experiment. Enjoy!

It works mint for looking behind my washing machine. :whistling:

haha I used mine to find that weeds had growned around the intake of my waterpump in my shallow well. Then used my anchor to yank the weeds out.

But for fishing I used it a couple of times. It's too much of a hassle.

Batteries seem to last quite a bit, in my hut the fishtv will go a solid 7hrs, outside about 5. No good if there is a current if ya want to watch your lures, dang thing keeps turning, great for keeping the kids entertained fishing for perch...

RED