Somebody pinch me !!

ChrisK

This weekend was simply amazing. Numbers were down but the fish we did catch were huge and they fought hard taking to the air cartwheeling and tearing up and down the pools like freight trains. Some hit gently barely moving the float while others literally tore the pole from your hands and removed the fly from the tippet instantly in some of the most aggressive strikes I've seen this fall. I think it had a lot to do with the crystal clear cold highly oxygenated water.

We took this picture and there was some silt in the water and still you could nearly see half way across the river,wow !!

DSCF0065.jpg

Now for some Huron bruisers !!

DSCF0057.jpg

DSCF0051.jpg

DSCF0054.jpg

DSCF0061.jpg

DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0063.jpg

DSCF0070.jpg

Sweet chromers guys :thumbsup_anim:

Definitely itching to get back there in the future :)

First off,real nice fish there guys.

Question,are they good tasting compared to lake O fish? What I mean is,do they taste like trout,or like crap?

When I was at Chris's place a month ago, the smoked steelhead he fed us was AMAZING

Lake Huron trout are delicious. If I was to keep a fish for the dinner table it would be a 3 or 4 pound fish. When it comes to smoking fish I look for the bigger ones with more fat content in the meat. They tend not to dry out so fast which allows me to keep them in the smoker for longer periods of time. Usually 4 trays of wood chips and then a good 8 hours from that point. If the meat isn't cooked enough by then I put a cover over the smoker to increase heat for another hour or two.

Lake Huron trout are delicious. If I was to keep a fish for the dinner table it would be a 3 or 4 pound fish. When it comes to smoking fish I look for the bigger ones with more fat content in the meat. They tend not to dry out so fast which allows me to keep them in the smoker for longer periods of time. Usually 4 trays of wood chips and then a good 8 hours from that point. If the meat isn't cooked enough by then I put a cover over the smoker to increase heat for another hour or two.

I prefer my smoked fish real dry.Just me.

Thanks for the reply Chris. Going to try to get out that way.

Thanks again for the post.

thumbsup_anim.gif

I need to get my ass down there again!

Also have that Muskoka chair for you, should be excuse enough to head out..... Gonefishing.gif

It will be prime this weekend and I could sure use that extra chair at the fire pit.I'll be the only one there as well so your company would be more than welcome !!