If you watched this

misfish

Your thoughts? Is it delay of the game. I can see the plan here,but come on.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWGbZPx_HPY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWGbZPx_HPY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWGbZPx_HPY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Oh the leafs are on soon,maybe they will try this. Keep the puck out of the net.LOL :tease:

Edited by Misfish

Under Hockey Canada rules, the delay of game rule for not moving the puck was removed some time ago. A defenseman or any other player can let the puck sit motionless for as long as he likes. You are not delaying the game because the clock is still running. DOG is defined as causing unnesessary stoppages or refusing to allow play to resume. If you can find the NHL rule that calls this DOG I would be most interested in reading it.

Under Hockey Canada rules, the delay of game rule for not moving the puck was removed some time ago. A defenseman or any other player can let the puck sit motionless for as long as he likes. You are not delaying the game because the clock is still running. DOG is defined as causing unnesessary stoppages or refusing to allow play to resume. If you can find the NHL rule that calls this DOG I would be most interested in reading it.

there are no real DOG's on the ice in the NHL but some players play like them... :whistling:

Lightening are playing the trap

The trap is not new to the game. Ya the bolts did not attack,but the flyers did nothing but stand there. DOG.

They could of atleast,past the puck back and forth.

Edited by Misfish

Misfish the trap is not new to the game, but playing systems only began in the 90's. It is killing creativity and boring the viewer. Philly could have challenged but they have been taught not to, maintain a 1-3-1 force the other team to make a mistake. Well the other team was saying not gonna happen. This was bound to happen sooner or later and it throws the game flow back in the NHL's court. If the game doesn't flow with speed passing and hits= boring. The call by the ref in my opinion was wrong, the play if whistled dead should have gone to center ice the offending team should have been warned and the next time you have this (for GBW) Delay Of Game. Who was delaying the game? If Pronger holds the puck for 20 mins, fastest period in hockey history. If Philly doesn't attack DOG?

Anyone notice the resemblance to soccer?

Yup...funny you say that cause I was thinking it.

Except nobody was rolling clutching there knee for no apparent reason :whistling:

I think I'd be inclined to call it a delay, but in reality the official did the right thing blowing it dead and giving the bench a bit of "advice" on the play.

It is Peter Laviolette's way of calling out Guy Boucher. The 1-3-1 is boring at the best of times but to not send 1 single forchecker past the blue line is ridiculous. This is not hockey. The trap is bad enough but I do not recall any trap system not having at least 1 forchecker. The first '1' in Guy Boucher's 1-3-1 is actually in between the red line and blue line. Brutal. I strongly dislike the Philadelphia Flyers but I am with Laviolette on this one.