Quinte Report 6/11

Headhunter

FishnSled and I managed to get out to Quinte yesterday.

I was up at 3:30am and out the door by 4:00am. Stopped at the local Timmies only to finally put to rest my theory that Timmies does not hire the brightest people to work their over night shift... if you really wanna get a Timmies employee confused, set a thermos on the counter and tell them you want it to be double double... 15 minutes later and I'm on the road to "the Shwa" to meet FnS.

Boat loaded and we are on our way. Arrived at Picton at about 6:45 and lines in the water by 7:00.

We decided to try trolling Picton Bay, from the pump house out, hoping that some of the usual night bite fish were still around and perhaps hungry. We had reached close to the cement plant, when my rod went off. It felt like a good sized fish, it was not making runs, then resting, so I was pretty sure I had a Pickereye vs a water goat.

I was running Dr Death, 180 behind the board on mono, 200 out from the boat... as I watch the line counter get close to 30ft, the fish is still down, not surfacing with its mouth open... hmm should be a good one I think. Nope, a flippin Pike... really wide at the shoulders and probably in the 36in range. Not the "wet sock" I was hoping for.

We trolled from that point, past McFarlands, through the trench and into Adolphus, marking losts, but no takers. We turned around to head towards the cement plant and just west of the ferry, I've got another fish on. 5-6 lb Pickereye!

We trolled until about 3:00pm and decided to call it a day.

As usual, we laughed our you know what's off all day! It was a great day to be out, but I think it may still be a little early for the main group of fish...

Water temps - Picton Bay - mid 40's

Adolphus - low 50's

Thanks again FnS... fun as usual.

Talking to some folks at the launch, many were skunked, including someof the charter guys… it was a tough day… but I had a great time!

RE pics... well I forgot my camera, but I wasn't too worried as FnS ALWAYS has a camera... well he did has his "new" one and apparently it is not worth batteries used to power it! Hopefully we got something to show you folks when FnS gets a chance to have a better look in the next while.

HH

that's not what I wanted to hear

well the laughing part was good

but I wanted to hear""""

we couldn't keep the 8 to14lb walleye off our hooks looks like a new world record walleye will be caught on Quinte this fall if the great fishing keeps up, can't wait for the 18th when I will be fishing again"""""

ok it's a lie but wouldn't it make all of us feel better...... :whistling:

anyways sounds like you guys had a good time and I can't wait to get down there soon

that's not what I wanted to hear

well the laughing part was good

but I wanted to hear""""

we couldn't keep the 8 to14lb walleye off our hooks looks like a new world record walleye will be caught on Quinte this fall if the great fishing keeps up, can't wait for the 18th when I will be fishing again"""""

ok it's a lie but wouldn't it make all of us feel better...... :whistling:

anyways sounds like you guys had a good time and I can't wait to get down there soon

Well Terry, we spoke to Lloyd a few times yesterday and he did better than anyone else we connected with at the launch, so I'm sure you guys will catch some eyes and maybe some goats as well!

HH

Thanks for writing up the report Joe but where the heck were you at? Here's the real story.....

We couldn't keep the 8 to14lb walleye off our hooks looks like a new world record walleye will be caught on Quinte this fall if the great fishing keeps up, can't wait for the 18th when I will be fishing again, actually I'll be down this Saturday again. :thumbsup_anim: Yep I like your version better Terry. :D Well at least the I'll be down there again on Saturday part is true. Tough day on the water but good times and laughs were had and made for a great day of fishing. The catching was another story. At least the the weather was quite comfortable.

As Joe said the camera I grabbed was one that I was given as a gift. Not one that I would ever buy and certainly not worth the cost of the hydro to charge the battery. Be it as it may it was what I had until a new camera will be bought, before Saturday. Here's a few pics of the day, as bad as they are. The exposure settings on the Samsung "flip" style are brutal.

Bluebird skies

SAM_0028.jpg

Nice pike for Joe although he wasn't too thrilled about it. Picture really doesn't do the size of the fish justice.

SAM_0023.jpg

And the only target species of the day.

SAM_0026.jpg

Great day as always Joe, looking forward to more laughs in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for posting the pics Will... that pike was so thick around the shoulders, the pic doesn't do it justice!

Always a laugh when Will and I get together! WIsh I could get away again this weekend, but she who must be obeyed, has plans for me!

HH

Thanks for posting the pics Will... that pike was so thick around the shoulders, the pic doesn't do it justice!

Always a laugh when Will and I get together! WIsh I could get away again this weekend, but she who must be obeyed, has plans for me!

HH

Too bad as there may be a spot in the boat available....guess you can't call in sick to the wife eh?? :D

Great report guys! I'm sure hoping the action picks up for the G2G!!!

That pike looks small...bad angle whatever...LOL.

Looked like a great day...and at least you got some fish into the boat.

Oh and Will, your guiding seems to be working out....just dont mess up that karma with charging guests.... :whistling::thumbsup_anim:

Great report guys! I'm sure hoping the action picks up for the G2G!!!

That pike looks small...bad angle whatever...LOL.

Looked like a great day...and at least you got some fish into the boat.

Oh and Will, your guiding seems to be working out....just dont mess up that karma with charging guests.... :whistling::thumbsup_anim:

Same fees as always Cliff but now tripled for you. Maybe then you'll get your Quinte eye. :D The pike does look small but it really wasn't, it was a decent fish. Should have put a tape and scale on it. It was a chunk of a fish.

Well Terry, we spoke to Lloyd a few times yesterday and he did better than anyone else we connected with at the launch, so I'm sure you guys will catch some eyes and maybe some goats as well!

HH

It was good talking to you guys on the water. Fishing has been hard this season for alot of people. I have had a pattern that has been working and I hope it keeps working the next couple weeks. Dont want to see Terry cry when he does not get a 14 lb walleye lol Well you will have to let me know how much water you guys have at the dock Joe. I may bring my boat over for a visit with my crew of misfits LOL

JUST A HEADS UP TO PEOPLE, THE HARBOUR IS A NO WAKE ZONE!!! SLOW DOWN!! HAD GUYS GOING FULL SPEED TO THE BOAT LAUNCH. I'M ON MY SECOND AIR HORN CAN :o) I BET YOU I HAVE SEEN ABOUT 20 OR MORE BOATS THIS FALL THINK THAT THE HARBOUR IS OPEN WATER.

ANOTHER THING, TURN YOUR LIGHTS ON WHEN YOUR ON THE WATER IN THE DARK. SEEING THE WHITES OF YOUR EYES WHEN IM ALMOST ON TOP OF YOU DOES NOT COUNT.

Edited by fishhunter

Well you will have to let me know how much water you guys have at the dock Joe. I may bring my boat over for a visit with my crew of misfits LOL

i hope it's a bit higher than last year, even a couple inches would've prevented ole 'Marshmellow I' from getting beached 10 ft from the dock..

that, or joe is going to have to lose a couple pounds..

It was good talking to you guys on the water. Fishing has been hard this season for alot of people. I have had a pattern that has been working and I hope it keeps working the next couple weeks. Dont want to see Terry cry when he does not get a 14 lb walleye lol Well you will have to let me know how much water you guys have at the dock Joe. I may bring my boat over for a visit with my crew of misfits LOL

JUST A HEADS UP TO PEOPLE, THE HARBOUR IS A NO WAKE ZONE!!! SLOW DOWN!! HAD GUYS GOING FULL SPEED TO THE BOAT LAUNCH. I'M ON MY SECOND AIR HORN CAN :o) I BET YOU I HAVE SEEN ABOUT 20 OR MORE BOATS THIS FALL THINK THAT THE HARBOUR IS OPEN WATER.

ANOTHER THING, TURN YOUR LIGHTS ON WHEN YOUR ON THE WATER IN THE DARK. SEEING THE WHITES OF YOUR EYES WHEN IM ALMOST ON TOP OF YOU DOES NOT COUNT.

Lloyd, we'll give you a shout on Friday, after we arrive to give you the heads up on the levels... we expect to be there no later than noon.

Lloyd, if you really really need a chuckle, just hang out at the Picton launch for a bit... it was quite busy when we got back at around 3:00pm on Sunday and I must say that there were at least a few situations that had me either shaking my head, or yelling at the tow vehicle to NOT pull the boat out yet, as they had only managed to get the boat 1/2 way onto their trailor... then there was the guy who didn't know how to take the parking brake off of his truck... I could go on and on...

HH

Great chatting with you as well Lloyd, it gets tiring just listening to Joe ramble on. :w00t: I said to Joe after we dropped off the package (you did get it I trust?) that Lloyd would be on the air horn right now as a couple of boats were coming in hard. just nuts. Hopefully I'll see you down there on Saturday, weather seems to be shaping up. :good:

Hey, I don't need no stinking 14lber

I got a 14.1 last year so I need a 15+ pounder this year....LOL....:whistling:

Don't be so greedy. :P

Lloyd, we'll give you a shout on Friday, after we arrive to give you the heads up on the levels... we expect to be there no later than noon.

Lloyd, if you really really need a chuckle, just hang out at the Picton launch for a bit... it was quite busy when we got back at around 3:00pm on Sunday and I must say that there were at least a few situations that had me either shaking my head, or yelling at the tow vehicle to NOT pull the boat out yet, as they had only managed to get the boat 1/2 way onto their trailer... then there was the guy who didn't know how to take the parking brake off of his truck... I could go on and on...

HH

How did you get the best seat in the house?? From my side things seem to go pretty good other then the long wait times.. :huh: ...that might explain the long wait times.... :lol:

Great chatting with you as well Lloyd, it gets tiring just listening to Joe ramble on. :w00t: I said to Joe after we dropped off the package (you did get it I trust?) that Lloyd would be on the air horn right now as a couple of boats were coming in hard. just nuts. Hopefully I'll see you down there on Saturday, weather seems to be shaping up. :good:

Don't be so greedy. :P

How did you get the best seat in the house?? From my side things seem to go pretty good other then the long wait times.. :huh: ...that might explain the long wait times.... :lol:

YES GOT THE LURES THANKS. HOPE THEY KEEP WORKING FOR ME.