Turkey Hunters - (NF)

lilkynan

Love or hate them, mechanical broadheads are custom-made for turkey hunting. There's no better way to get such impressive cutting diameters and accurate flight. It's no secret gobblers present small vital areas, complicated by their fidgety nature. They require pin-point shooting, and that's what mechanical heads are all about. If you do miss your mark slightly, wide cutting diameters give you an edge, swinging to cut something vital or creating such a devastating hole that a quick kill is assured. The average mechanical also transfers energy while opening, providing added shock to bowl over your target.

any broadhead that works on deer will work for turkey. with turkey its best to keep the arrow in the bird though while with der you are looking for pass throughs. get ahold of some zwickey scorpios that slide on the shaft to help keep the arrow in the bird and deliver more energy to the target.

slick tricks are devastating broadheads and are as accurate as shooting a field tip. 4 blades = nice hole...

theres also the gobbler guillotine which has a 4" cutting diameter but with this you must make head/neck shots. search on the net to find their website which shows turkeys heads getting chopped right off. you're crossbow may require some slight modification or even a longer bolt with these.

I use the same as ch312 , slickticks and zwickeys.Any quality broad head will work but you should but a zwickey or some other type of stopper to get the bolt to stay in the bird unless you are only going to take head or neck shots.I like the "Texas heart shot " myself ;)

Oh, I forgot to mention: I duct tape a 3 1/2" # 4, 12 gauge to the front of my mechanical broad head bolts. I use a butter fly net to collect the feathers! Sometimes I get enough to make a "royal coachman"! fly .

The most important thing about geting out turkey hunting, is to get out! :thumbsup_anim:

I use a shotgun on all days it is legal to do so but on Sundays it is the Excalibur and slicks for me.Like Big Cliff said the key to getting a Turkey is to get out there but sometimes the only days I have to get out there is Sundays.No Sunday gun hunting in my area yet :angry: