Musky Jigging on the D

brandon

Holy Crap Brandon!

The only thing better than those Musky is your Moustache. Movember came early for you. lol

Serious fish there. I am in awe and jealous at the same time of your moustache but especially your fish

Edited by Cudz

I guess there will be even more guys down there cutting each other off now! wallbash.gif

Nice fish though

From what I hear Bondy is a great guy and he has been very friendly when I have seen him on the water.

His reports on the internet surely have helped his business, but the number of muskie anglers has definitely increased as a result on the river.

See all you guys there next weekend I guess.

Landry

Thanks guys. 2012 will be my 18th year guiding the Detroit and my 12th for musky and as Brandon will agree I've never seen such and exciting way to fish for them as the strikes are unreal. Gord and I talked alot about all kinds of things from fishing with the Lindners to ice fishing in the far north. That is one knowledgeable guy and one of the coolest down to earth guys we've met. Truly a Canadian legend. Brandon posted our musky jigging video on here earlier this year, but in case you missed it here is 10 minutes of instruction:

On a side note, you guys may find it interesting that Gord says musky spawn twice a year. The first attempt has them dropping about 75% of their eggs and the second try weeks later they drop the rest. Not sure if that is everywhere or not but it was an interesting discussion.

Good fishing! Jon Bondy

Hey jon. You have probably heard of this, but some people believe there are 2 strains of muskie. The lacustrine strain, such as kawarthas fish, that do not exist with pike and this strain spawns once. There's also the great lakes strain of muskie that spawn twice I believe, and are known as the riverine strain. Pretty cool adaptations!

Edited by Djeep