Chrome Insanity!

Aaron Shirley

I had the pleasure to fish for 2 half days this weekend for tributary steelhead. It was absolutely awesome! I met with a bud Thom on Saturday, and we fished a small stream with a lot of rock. Despite arriving to steelhead green 'slaughter water', it wasn't on fire. We had to work for our fih. The water was clearing well, and my big roe bags weren't needed. I did well on peach, pink and chart brownie bags nickel sized, because that's what I tied lol. I ended up with about 16 for the day, and Tom got into a bunch himself. The average size was pretty good, and I got several in the 10lb class which was nice. They errupted the water on hook set and went berzerk like crazy chromers are notorious for :D

Some photos from Saturday

Trib_Chrome_10-2011_15.jpg

Trib_Chrome_10-2011_16.jpg

Trib_Chrome_10-2011_17.jpg

Trib_Chrome_10-2011_18.jpg

Trib_Chrome_10-2011_19.jpg

Trib_Chrome_10-2011_20.jpg

Trib_Chrome_10-2011_21.jpg

Trib_Chrome_10-2011_22.jpg

Trib_Chrome_10-2011_23.jpg

Trib_Chrome_10-2011_24.jpg

I also fished this morning for 4 hours before I had to head into work. I just had to fish, as the tribs are stuffed full of fresh steel right now. It took me an hour to find them on a different trib, but when I did, I spent the next 3 hours in pure ecstasy. I almost had a fish per drift with the odd drift getting nadda. It was pure mayhem, and I was the only person in sight fishing! Again, the size was pretty good on this trib, with the average 6-7lbs and one in the 10lb class.

I was fishing the frog water this morning, and all I could hear was my float go down and a chromer going nuts. Just insane. It's all I can think about now. I got the steelhead bug bad right now! I went 21 for 27 in the 3 hours after I found them. If there was ever a day that I felt like playing hooky from work, this was the day! I could just imagine crushing chromers all day and then walking my kids around for halloween. Sadly, I had to cut my day short and head into work and miss halloween with my kids :( I didn't take any photos this morning, as I was waist deep in the creek solo, and I was too busy fishin' :)

Good tribbin'!

Aaron

Any time you want to show a rookie pinner with some new gear how it's done, I'm available! :whistling::whistling:

(Psst...I'm just down the road from you in the big 'B') :whistling::whistling:

Nice looking Chrome there Aaron!

"Cough, cough...can't make it in today boss...caught some CHROME!!" :clapping:

Edited by I'mHooked