~~~Foul Hooking, & Releasing Phish

oldphart

I spoke with a MNR guy at the spring fishing show this year about this.. They say that they would like you to kill them and NOT throw them back in the water. It isn't law but this is the best method of disposing them. Myself I like to use them to catch big pike and bass. Only if its already on my hook tho. My neighbour up at the trailer actually goes fishing for them to use as bait for pike. He will fish the shallows in the river with a tiny hook and a chunk of worm till he fills his minnow pail. I'm not to sure if that is legal or not but he does well with them

I spoke with a MNR guy at the spring fishing show this year about this.. They say that they would like you to kill them and NOT throw them back in the water. It isn't law but this is the best method of disposing them. Myself I like to use them to catch big pike and bass. Only if its already on my hook tho. My neighbour up at the trailer actually goes fishing for them to use as bait for pike. He will fish the shallows in the river with a tiny hook and a chunk of worm till he fills his minnow pail. I'm not to sure if that is legal or not but he does well with them

Not a good move bud... definitely illegal. :whistling:

Great way to introduce an invasive species..

~~~~The question was if I foul hook them, to be a proper phisherman, should I release them??

And the question has been answered. Gobies must be killed prior to their release anywhere no matter how they were caught.

And the question has been answered. Gobies must be killed prior to their release anywhere no matter how they were caught.

Actually Roy thats not entirely true. The MNR officer I spoke with said they cant expect everyone (women, childern and some men I know) to kill a fish. So if seen releaseing them they wouldnt be charged. They would be informed of the species and the risks...But you know how the opinion of one officer can vary to another..